Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
In which case, the whole idea that Pollard being a less transparent player in the backfield is a bit of a fallacy.

That is: they know that Pollard is a better blocker and so he will be in that role. And perhaps they don’t want to give spears 200 snaps a season.

I just don’t really know why they decided to sign pollard as I am really interested to see how Spears can do with an increased work load next year.

This is all I could think of reading that thread title.

View attachment 21647

But to get to your question; I have to believe it's due to the fact our offense is going to look a lot different and that they want 2 running backs that are serious receiving threats maybe

Where is this Spears is bad at pass protection coming from??

For me that's his best trait and is excellent at it.

Stats also said he was great at it.

In which case, the whole idea that Pollard being a less transparent player in the backfield is a bit of a fallacy.

That is: they know that Pollard is a better blocker and so he will be in that role. And perhaps they don’t want to give spears 200 snaps a season.

I just don’t really know why they decided to sign pollard as I am really interested to see how Spears can do with an increased work load next year.
200 snaps would be a lower workload than he had with Henry.
If that’s was ever the thought, they don’t have spears as any part of the future.

he had 558 snaps last year and 152 touches between runs and catches.
I expect to see spears slightly higher than the 53% of offensive snaps from last year, maybe closer to 60%.

1: Team adds WR and RB because they are good blockers. GoTitans complains we should add guys that can actually run and catch.

2: Team adds guys that can actually run and catch. GoTitans thread about blocking on day 2 of FA.

:cool2:

200 snaps would be a lower workload than he had with Henry.
If that’s was ever the thought, they don’t have spears as any part of the future.

he had 558 snaps last year and 152 touches between runs and catches.
I expect to see spears slightly higher than the 53% of offensive snaps from last year, maybe closer to 60%.

I guess I meant touches (or more specifically) runs.

I don’t see how he was so great at it. The titans were the worst at pass protection.

he was not good.
Are you saying the titans or spears specifically?

we know the titans as a whole were terrible.
Dillard was bad enough to drag the entire team to the bottom but for good measure the titans lined up brewer too.

No they did not.

We probably signed Pollard because you need two solid running backs? Spears was the third down back all year. I doubt blocking had anything to do with it.

Latest posts

Back