Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is the Niners think Lawrence, Wilson or Fields are relatively interchangeable and they’re be happy to have any of them. Either that or this is some crazy all in for Jamar Chase!

XM88 said that they wanted Wilson at #2, but the Jets absolutely wouldn't deal, and that Plan B was to trade up to get Lance and they were afraid the Falcons would take him.

You typically don't trade up into the top 3 without going QB. Particularly that far. Not sure the last time it happened that a QB wasn't taken.

I'm guessing they want one of the top 3 QBs and are confident the first 2 picks will be QB.
Yes figured that after I posted...I read they want Lance

Is Lance a better prospect than Fields?

XM88 said that they wanted Wilson at #2, but the Jets absolutely wouldn't deal, and that Plan B was to trade up to get Lance and they were afraid the Falcons would take him.
This seems the most likely scenario.

Imagine now the Jets backlfip and flip the #2 pick to someone else

They're probably pretty equal. Elite athletes who likely have a larger learning curve in their passing game than Wilson and Lawrence.

Lance has barely thrown the ball in game situations. I think he has played 8 games in his life where he has thrown the ball 20+ times. So that makes sense.

Why would Fields have a larger learning curve than Wilson?

Lance has barely thrown the ball in game situations. I think he has played 8 games in his life where he has thrown the ball 20+ times. So that makes sense.

Wilson lined up more from under center than Fields and throws a much better deep ball. Plus

Trey Lance certainly is raw and wasn’t asked to throw it a ton in college....in winning the FCS championship he was 6 of 10 passing...come on man 10 pass attempts in a game....in the quarterfinals he was 10 of 21 passing...so sub 50%...that ain’t good. Watching his highlights all you hear is the announcers saying and Lance hits a wide open WR again and again...don’t see many out routes to the side line,crossers over the middle or seam routes.

IMO he definitely needs to go to a team that can sit him for 1-2 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back