Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I made that point to friends prior to game as well. Bengals are young and on the up with Burrow - plenty of years with them and Herbert and Mahomes and Allen …. We had our window and frankly it’s closing fast.

Henry is now another offseason older on RB legs coming off a bad injury and we’re still stuck with a middling-level QB. This was our chance.

Their window closes just as fast. burrow isn’t going to be on a rookie contract forever. Chase? Same thing…. Star players are Gonna get paid and window closes.

Look, I am not saying we would have went to the Superbowl or even won another game, but can someone explain why the titans went for two?

Not only that, but along with not making that 2-point conversation, Derrick Henry could not gain 1 yard to get a first down.

The offensive line, did not get enough knock back on several plays to convert first downs.

As much as we want to lay blame on tannehill and believe me he deserves it, the only group that showed up was the front four.

Bad coaching decisions, including Vrabel.
Not winning the line of scrimmage in crucial 3rd downs.
Henry's negative plays.
The wide receivers playing beach volleyball out there.
Special teams giving the Bengals returners the middle of the field.
Missed tackles in the secondary.

And all the while the Bengals were playing a perfect game.

So yeah, tannehill all day, but we lost this game as a team.

I hated the call to go for 2….you kick the field goal and take the lead and make them chase points…

Their window closes just as fast. burrow isn’t going to be on a rookie contract forever. Chase? Same thing…. Star players are Gonna get paid and window closes.

window? With that o line I think they got lucky Tannehill found them a way to win not that they deserved it or have a legit super bowl team

I'm also going to add that running Henry on short yardage is best out of the wildcat. He can scan the defense and see where a crack develops.

That one 4th and 1 play it seemed like every single guy up front got beat.

As far as Henry being less than 100%. He may not have been able to bounce plays to the edge as well.

At the end of the day The 3 interceptions cost us the game. The first play of the game being one just set the tone for the game. This is why I don’t understand the two point conversion. The titans played from behind the entire game, even though it was just 1 point getting the lead for a short period of time could’ve swung the momentum. I just wish they would’ve handed it to Foreman on both the 2 point and the 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back