Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Foreman earned some respect and he looked good at times last year, but I still think McNichols looked better. I don't just mean catching either. I actually think McNichols is a good runner and I'd like to give him the chance to prove it. Maybe they just limit his carries because he's smaller? Kind of like how the Redskins refused to showcase Chris Thompson (I always found that stupid). McNichols was actually a work horse at Boise State. He looks similar to Ekeler to me.

With the few carries he's gotten this year, he's looked explosive. Small sample size, but he's averaging 5.4 ypc. I for the life of me don't understand why we didn't have him spell Henry more. He had 47 carries last year averaging 4.3 ypc.

I'm happy with the Foreman signing. I'm kinda meh about AP, but I guess worth the test drive. I'm optimistic that this offense will still operate at a high level even with this huge loss.

Thr point is, it’s sad he was asked about it on a radio show and had to actually talk about it.

Just saying, respect the man for now.
:whack:

Who cares if he’s a little fat, as long as he keeps making kicks.

No I get it lol it was also an jab at the radio host for even asking that. Lol like what’s he’s supposed to say?

I don’t care how much he weighs. Just keep making em.

I know Foreman earned some respect and he looked good at times last year, but I still think McNichols looked better. I don't just mean catching either. I actually think McNichols is a good runner and I'd like to give him the chance to prove it. Maybe they just limit his carries because he's smaller? Kind of like how the Redskins refused to showcase Chris Thompson (I always found that stupid). McNichols was actually a work horse at Boise State. He looks similar to Ekeler to me.

With the few carries he's gotten this year, he's looked explosive. Small sample size, but he's averaging 5.4 ypc. I for the life of me don't understand why we didn't have him spell Henry more. He had 47 carries last year averaging 4.3 ypc.

I'm happy with the Foreman signing. I'm kinda meh about AP, but I guess worth the test drive. I'm optimistic that this offense will still operate at a high level even with this huge loss.
I really think we see a RB by committee.
AP probably will need a little time to adjust to the system and getting back to playing speed, maybe Foreman as well but I see him as more of the spell to AP anyway.
McNichols will probably still be the receiving out of the backfield guy. Haven't seen him take many runs to see if he's any good at that, but it's worth a shot.

AP at 36 isn't getting 20+ carries this week, but maybe not at all. That should leave some carries out there for the other guys.

My guess is they will activate AP or Foreman going with the guy they think is the best for the game plan. Not sure they go with both unless we have some more injuries. Might also see Blasingame getting a few more carries.

I really think we see a RB by committee.
AP probably will need a little time to adjust to the system and getting back to playing speed, maybe Foreman as well but I see him as more of the spell to AP anyway.
McNichols will probably still be the receiving out of the backfield guy. Haven't seen him take many runs to see if he's any good at that, but it's worth a shot.

AP at 36 isn't getting 20+ carries this week, but maybe not at all. That should leave some carries out there for the other guys.
Force feeding AP last year really hindered Detroit from letting D'Andre Swift flourish. That was dumb. Hope we don't do the same. Sure, give him a couple carries and let's see what he's got, but I'm hoping we start McNichols and give him 20 touches.

Hindsight but....Jonathon Taylor over SpongeBob Wilson would have been looking pretty good right now

Wasn't a need at the time, (neither was RT) but damn Taylor and Henry together would've been GREAT. Got me thinking of the packages they could've drew up with both of them in the backfield together. Then both would've easily been 1,000 yard rushers splitting carries for years to come.

We get stuck with the bust while our division rival gained a top 5 RB.

Anyone who thinks McNichols should be the featured back is crazy.
And AP at this stage is? AARP- AP?

I'm not saying Mc needs to be the featured back, but he's earned the opportunity to show what he's capable of and be the front-man of a possible committee.

I'm basing this off the carries I saw him take last year and this year. Again, I know that was a small sample size but he ran better to me than Foreman. Also, the carries I saw AP take last year.... not good. Plus we become less predictable by keeping him in on early down. What makes you think otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back