Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, everyone’s favorite, but I think he was really good on ST. Not as a returner.

Haskins was very good on special teams, which as we know, is a golden ticket on the Titans.
They say that, but he was nothing exciting as a returner. I feel like we barely ever made it to the 25. Didn't he fumble one?

So unless he was just absolutely killing it on kickoffs and punts, which I wouldn't notice, I wouldn't call him "really/very good".

Either way, an ace special teamer is still not worthy of a 4th round pick.

Semi-unrelated... You know who I did notice killing it on kickoffs and punts, Dylan Cole, and we got rid of him at a position of need. Silly.

They say that, but he was nothing exciting as a returner. I feel like we barely ever made it to the 25. Didn't he fumble one?

So unless he was just absolutely killing it on kickoffs and punts, which I wouldn't notice, I wouldn't call him "really/very good".

Semi-unrelated... You know who I did notice killing it on kickoffs and punts, Dylan Cole, and we got rid of him at a position of need. Silly.
Not as returner but good on KO and Punts. Just what I’ve read.

agree on Cole too.

Didn't know there was so much love for Hilliard.

While he had a couple of decent plays here and there as a back up RB, he wasn't anything special...

I guess there's not much expectations from a backup RB when Henry is the star of the team... But could def do better than Hilliard. Could do worse too, I reckon.
I mean, I would say 6+ yards per carry over a decent workload over 2 seasons is pretty special. He was also our leading receiver last year, until he got hurt. Either way, it isn't him being "special" that makes us want him, it is him being cheap, proven, and doesn't cost a draft pick. Hassan Haskin certainly hasn't been special and cost a 4th. Spears MAY be special, but cost a 3rd when we have significantly bigger needs. He's unproven and has injury concerns. Just seems silly.

For Hilliard, was a neck injury, right? So maybe it's more serious than we think. It is also possible Vrabel just personally didn't like him. It wouldn't be the first valuable player we lose because of Vrabel... i.e. David Long Jr. and Ty Sambrillo

Spears MAY be special, but cost a 3rd when we have significantly bigger needs

We need offensive explosion and none of the WRs left on the board were rated as mid 3rd rnd guys... they obviously felt Spears could have a bigger impact than any WR at that draft pick.

I expect Spears to be like Jay Ajayi. Really solid for his rookie contract and then he will need to retire. And if we get 4 good years out of a 3rd round RB, I’m very happy. Probably wouldn’t be worth paying a second contract to a good RB any way.

if Henry is gone after this year and Spears is good enough to start for 3 years, then the pick was well worth it. Still stings that we missed on WR though

I expect Spears to be like Jay Ajayi. Really solid for his rookie contract and then he will need to retire. And if we get 4 good years out of a 3rd round RB, I’m very happy. Probably wouldn’t be worth paying a second contract to a good RB any way.

if Henry is gone after this year and Spears is good enough to start for 3 years, then the pick was well worth it. Still stings that we missed on WR though
We're not going to want Spears to be a 3 down back at any point because we need to get as much use out of him as we can over the longest period of time. In the NFL, he might last a season with that bum knee as a 3 down back.

It was his coverage skills not returning skills that got him high marks on special teams. I think we all agree The Titans sometimes overvalue that over more skilled players.

The chances are slim of this happening, but given Tajae's injury history, I think his best role is as a WR gadget player, like Deebo or Alvin Kamara (who lines up out of the slot quite frequently).

Burks was out best receiver
Though Hilliard is a a RB, he statically out-performed ALL of our receivers when he was on the field at catching the ball and scoring points. That was my point. I don't care what the job title is if the player makes a difference to the bottom line. The point is he was a play maker.

Though Hilliard is a a RB, he statically out-performed ALL of our receivers when he was on the field at catching the ball and scoring points. That was my point. I don't care what the job title is if the player makes a difference to the bottom line. The point is he was a play maker.

Hilliard
21 recs 177 yds 8.4 Avg 4 TDs

Burks
29 recs 425 yds 14.7 Avg 1 TD

Hilliard
21 recs 177 yds 8.4 Avg 4 TDs

Burks
29 recs 425 yds 14.7 Avg 1 TD
Hilliard among RB
43 catch/ 38 yards/ 6T in TD

Burks among WR (no TE)
(Actually had 33/444/1)
86 catch/ 75 yards/ not counting them all, but 167 guys had 2+ TD.

I don’t think this defines a whole lot on “who is better” but definitely got more of a value out of Hilliard than Burks last year.

Hilliard among RB
43 catch/ 38 yards/ 6T in TD

Burks among WR (no TE)
(Actually had 33/444/1)
86 catch/ 75 yards/ not counting them all, but 167 guys had 2+ TD.

I don’t think this defines a whole lot on “who is better” but definitely got more of a value out of Hilliard than Burks last year.
I guess I should have checked a better resource than Wikipedia lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back