Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a show called wokecenter? Wow
Lol no. SportsCenter at 6 with Michael and Jemele.

Its Sportscenter without all the useless shit like scores and highlights, and comes with all the cool shit everyone loved like celebrity interviews and race baiting. Woke as hell.

Haven't watch Sportscenter in years.. I'll watch some breaking news on there from time to time, but I just can't watch that garbage anymore.

When I had NFL Network I stopped watching ESPN, now that NFL Network turned to trash too I went back to ESPN.

Both suck about the same in regards to NFL coverage.

I think the majority of it is merely people cutting cable.

That, and people go to the internet now for highlights instead of waiting to see them on a program.

Some builds just become outdated. This is one of them.

Whether it's sports news, political news or pawn shop antics, there is literally no reason whatsoever for there to be a 24/7 content outlet any more.

I know a few threads have touched on the downfall of ESPN and the different reasons why.

Short 12:00 minute YouTube documentary explains some things on financially what the issues are.

I don't agree with the beginning part they ESPN (or other networks) fell the "need" to analyze everything and give sports breakdown/opinions except during certain shows.

The biggest show for ESPN during the 90's and forward was Sportscenter. The biggest draw to that was highlights from ALL games of the day. I feel that show needs to get back to basics. Quit with the analyzing everything, add more highlights and certainly show something from every game, match, etc. and leave all the analyzing to the specific shows throughout the day. Nothing worse than 1 hour of show spending 45 minutes on 3 big market teams.

Some of this I was unaware of. I didn't realize ESPN networks cost more than other channels in a cable/satellite subscription.

The blatant East coast bias made it unwatchable. The old CNN sports with Nick Charles and Fred Hickman was far superior IMO.

The blatant East coast bias made it unwatchable. The old CNN sports with Nick Charles and Fred Hickman was far superior IMO.
Not sure what you mean by east coast bias. They cover everything that is LA no matter how bad some of those teams are. I know NY, Chicago and Boston get their coverage too.

Then the just fan favorite teams like Dallas.

I didn't recognize either names, but looking them up, nick Charles wasn't with ESPN, so this would be more a reference to all sports coverage (although I've never really considered CNN a sports coverage station).

Fred Hickman was there from 04-08. I'd say he was onboard at the beginning of the downfall. I can't pinpoint an exact date because it's been gradual, but I think it started in the late 90's early 2000's. I reached unwatchable levels somewhere around 2010 to me.

Not sure what you mean by east coast bias. They cover everything that is LA no matter how bad some of those teams are. I know NY, Chicago and Boston get their coverage too.

Then the just fan favorite teams like Dallas.

I didn't recognize either names, but looking them up, nick Charles wasn't with ESPN, so this would be more a reference to all sports coverage (although I've never really considered CNN a sports coverage station).

Fred Hickman was there from 04-08. I'd say he was onboard at the beginning of the downfall. I can't pinpoint an exact date because it's been gradual, but I think it started in the late 90's early 2000's. I reached unwatchable levels somewhere around 2010 to me.

Then you missed two of the very best. They were together for almost 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back