Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Saints draft preview- Don't count on the Saints taking D'Brickashaw Ferguson by their trade of left tackle Wayne Gandy to the Falcons. Giving away a left tackle for a safety and a low-round pick in 2007 and a safety, Byron Scott, would tip off a draft move for a team that has the second pick in the draft, but that's a wrong read. The Saints drafted Jammal Brown in the first round last year and plan to move him to left tackle. He played right tackle last year. The Saints still like North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams."

john clayton.

Don't overlook that NO could easily get a starting RT in the 2nd round. Drafting Ferguson is definately not a lock. I still think they will go Mario or possibly drop down around 10 and get Justice.

They still have Stinchcomb (sp?), though that's not saying much, but since Brees is still playing on a contract that the Saints could get out of after one year if he doesn't live up, they could draft Leinart in the first. Jammal Brown would stay at the right side, making him Leinart's LT, and then they could take another tackle in the 2nd.

Carpy said:
TJ,

Don't you still have a bet with another forum member that Cutler will not go in the 1st 16?
Yup. Forgot who tho. I think I will have to adjust my sig photo and have Einstein write something of that user's choice if I lose. ;)

Carpy said:
TJ,

Don't you still have a bet with another forum member that Cutler will not go in the 1st 16?
Yup. Forgot who tho. I bet I find out if he is taken by #16. I think I will have to adjust my sig photo and have Einstein write something of that user's choice if I lose. ;)

bigtitan53279 said:
"Saints draft preview- Don't count on the Saints taking D'Brickashaw Ferguson by their trade of left tackle Wayne Gandy to the Falcons. Giving away a left tackle for a safety and a low-round pick in 2007 and a safety, Byron Scott, would tip off a draft move for a team that has the second pick in the draft, but that's a wrong read. The Saints drafted Jammal Brown in the first round last year and plan to move him to left tackle. He played right tackle last year. The Saints still like North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams."

john clayton.

Clayton might be right but the Saints have two DEs that were drafted in the first round. They also have a QB who is coming off shoulder surgery. If I were them I would be looking for the best LT they can find.

They also have a RB coming off injury.

Cutler worked out yesterday (I'm guessing in the bubble) with three Titans receivers and got the following praise from Reese.

"I thought he did fine,'' Titans General Manager Floyd Reese said.

That's about as vanilla a response as you can get which indicates the Titans will try to trade out and get him. ;)

You know TJ, as the head honcho of this here brilliant forum, I find it disturbing at your lack of respect for the edit button. What kind of example does that set for the children? :brow:

Reese's response on Cutler actually means he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Gunny said:
You know TJ, as the head honcho of this here brilliant forum, I find it disturbing at your lack of respect for the edit button. What kind of example does that set for the children? :brow:

Reese's response on Cutler actually means he is the best thing since sliced bread.
I attempt to maintain a small shred of integrity when it comes to a bet. :)

I actually said I didn't think he'd be taken in the first round at all. But this was before the Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro Day workouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back