Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you - whenever there's glimmer of WR hope, someone always ends up with a wasted draft pick..... (K Wright, J Hunter, DGB)

So I'm excited, but cautious.
Big difference between these guys, AJ actually wants to be a great player. Kw wanted to eat cheeseburgers and practice moves for his backyard slip n slide, Hunter was literally JAG, and DGB was too dumb and/or didn't care enough to learn how to play at an NFL level.

Big difference between these guys, AJ actually wants to be a great player. Kw wanted to eat cheeseburgers and practice moves for his backyard slip n slide, Hunter was literally JAG, and DGB was too dumb and/or didn't care enough to learn how to play at an NFL level.

I know --- but the Titans have been horrible with trends lol........

If you had Tomato soup on Monday, Tomato soup on Tuesday, Tomato soup on Wednesday, then I would at least wait before expecting a Crispy Chicken BLT Piada on Saturday lol

This is how I thought of it as well the only thing wrong with this exact explanation is he lined up as a rb. If he was at te or wr and motioned to rb that is what you just said.

Not trying to be a d***. Just saying.
Where offensive players line up doesn't matter. By that time it's too late, the D that's on the field is on the field. The way it works in the NFL is the coaches on the D sideline watch who the offense is sending on and joining the huddle. They have cards and/or names of personnel groups that they call out once they see that change.

So if they see Henry and Lewis both leave the field, and a set consisting of 3 WR and 2 TE in the huddle, they're likely going to call whatever their version of a nickle or dime package and send out 5-6 DB's.

It happens really fast, like as soon as the last play is over, but if you watch the sideline you'll see each team having all these cards (not the crazy ones college uses) that have different words on them. That's telling the D what offense is on the field, and they all know what package is supposed to correspond to that.

I get what you're saying but it isn't Madden... It's not like the D sees the personnel numbers. I'll have to go back and look at it again. You could be right if they see DH running off the field, but you'd think they'd run it again since it worked so well.
Yes, it actually does work a lot like Madden. Coaches in the box and on the field keep track of the personnel coming on and off the field and they substitute accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back