Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
What are we all thinking is a good season for Derrick Henry?

Last year 1200-yards was the benchmark I personally set for him, and he slapped that out of the park with over 1500.

Add in receiving yards aka "demoralizing 90-yard screens" he pops off, and he was over 1700 last year.

Anyone flirting with the thought this man gets 2000 all purpose yards in 2020 (assuming we get 16 covid free games)?

What are we all thinking is a good season for Derrick Henry?

Last year 1200-yards was the benchmark I personally set for him, and he slapped that out of the park with over 1500.

Add in receiving yards aka "demoralizing 90-yard screens" he pops off, and he was over 1700 last year.

Anyone flirting with the thought this man gets 2000 all purpose yards in 2020 (assuming we get 16 covid free games)?

2000 all purpose is a possibility if he stays healthy.

Remember, last year Lewan missed the 1st 4 games. Saffold took 8 weeks to look like a starter and King Arthur took a while to get comfortable being OC.

We are in a prime Henry season.

I think the pieces and his confidence are all in place and we won’t see a slow start this season. 1400+ is very possible if not probable if he stays healthy. Heck, he could get 400 of that against the Jags.

How many RBs have amazing seasons after receiving a huge contract? I'm not saying it can't happen but I don't expect 1,500+ rushing yards this season from Henry.

The one positive of preseason football is giving a new combination of players on the OL experience working together. I'm feeling good about the left side but really want to see how the new combo on the right do.

I feel 1300 rushing is the floor. Any more than that is a bonus. If we use him in the passing game, I could see him getting 500 receiving fairly easy. If healthy and clicking 2000 all purpose yards is in the realm of possibility.

Between covid and the absolute grind that life has been, them just signing him to a long term, what we expect from the passive game, and Evans....

I think they monitor his usage a little more closely. Heck, I hope they monitor his usage a little more closely.

Then if we get to the playoffs, he might get 40 carries a game.

Between covid and the absolute grind that life has been, them just signing him to a long term, what we expect from the passive game, and Evans....

I think they monitor his usage a little more closely. Heck, I hope they monitor his usage a little more closely.

Then if we get to the playoffs, he might get 40 carries a game.
I disagree with this usage myth. Yes he gets lots of touches but he only played 602 snaps. By comparison thats 57% less than Christian McCaffrey.

And Henry isnt some every day RB, hes bigger than most the guys chasing him. He also doesnt take a lot of direct hits due to that long stiff arm of his.

FEED HIM!

Running backs always flame out too early. I would much rather have two thousand yards rushers so they have a chance of lasting more than five or six years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back