Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
My expectations are 2000+ Rushing yards and 20+ Rushing TDs with 400+ receiving yards and 4 TD catches. In reg season games Tannehill started Henry averaged 124.9 yards, which is .1 per game under what’s needed for 2000, with a full season of that with more opportunities to run to close out games I can see him getting to 2000 easily and potentially breaking the record. I know I have unrealistic/unlikely expectations, but I believe it can happen.

Anything can happen with big dick Henry....Nobody on the forum should doubt him. 2nd round steal, workhorse, humble, and disrespects and steals the souls from big name defensemen on the regular. I refuse to believe anything less than 1,500! Lol

• I dont think stats with a RB matter nearly as much anymore, so I will say 12-1400. But, what I do think matters is that people will have to account for him knowing he can go off, so I think he will have a big impact regardless what his rushing #s look like. AJ Brown and Davis I think are going to have big years, because people are going to account for Henry so much.

Let’s break the bank. What’s the individual season rushing record?
2105 by Eric Dickerson

who BTW happens to be the same kind of bigger RB as Henry

2nd is Adrian Peterson with 2097, and he too is a bigger physical type

Its all there for Henry if he can just get the play time a RB needs to sniff 2000-yards. All the 2000 yard runners got more carries than Henry has ever had in 1-yr

FEED HIM

2105 by Eric Dickerson

who BTW happens to be the same kind of bigger RB as Henry

2nd is Adrian Peterson with 2097, and he too is a bigger physical type

Its all there for Henry if he can just get the play time a RB needs to sniff 2000-yards. All the 2000 yard runners got more carries than Henry has ever had in 1-yr

FEED HIM

What difference is size and running style if CJ2K, Barry, Lewis, Davis, and Simpson (14 games) all did it?

2K can’t be an “expectation” outside sarcasm.
I’d also argue that THill’s success last year will keep Henry from getting the number of carries needed to reach 2K.

What difference is size and running style if CJ2K, Barry, Lewis, Davis, and Simpson (14 games) all did it?

2K can’t be an “expectation” outside sarcasm.
I’d also argue that THill’s success last year will keep Henry from getting the number of carries needed to reach 2K.
well its the bigger bodied runners that often flirted with 2000 yards.

Barry is the only real exception

everyone else is just big for RBs

yea they hit the 2k mark, but the others often got close more than once
and TD is not small like CJ and Barry
Davis sat 8 quarters in blowouts the season he hit 2K, Earl Campbell had 1969 yards in a season he played 15 games. Bigger backs can handle the higher carries needed easier. If Henry averages what he did in 12 games with Tannehill including playoff games he’d have 2093 yards in 16 games.

yea they hit the 2k mark, but the others often got close more than once
and TD is not small like CJ and Barry
I think Sanders got close a couple times as well. (Edit: 1883 in 94’, 1115 in 11 games in 93’)
TD was bigger than sanders and CJ, but well smaller than Henry, Lewis, and Peterson.

I agree with what your saying as far as being a bigger back sets you up as generally more durable and likely to get more carries, but I disagree that they are really any more likely to reach 2K.
Every 2K season had to have multiple things go right regardless of the RB. Clearly it’s not just carries alone (note EG who I’d also consider “bigger”) but also opponents for that given year. The exact same can be said for the RB that reached 18/1900 and NOT breaking 2K.

We just disagree on the idea that Henry is any more likely than another RB based on size alone. He is in a good system to have a real shot, but so many things have to go the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back