Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoT said:
He like the squeelers SUCKS, and I don't care how good he is.
The hate is strong in this one.
image.php

Parker is an exceptional fast RB that will make the long runs but get stuffed often. In that way(getting stuffed often, and then making long runs)Parker is like Brown, but Parker is much faster

Its easy to find where the Steelers are running. Just look for Faneca and the Steelers always run behind him, somehow

fitantitans said:
If Willie sucks, where does that leave Brown and Henry?
i've never been a big fan of brown either. him and brown are similar. they both get stuffed more than they make four yards, they just manage to break a 30 yarder to bump up their average.

Of course with a good OL Parker was good enough to lead the Steelers to the SB and to a SB win. I bet Steeler fans are big fans of Parker. You will not hear them stating such non-sense.

They give Bettis a lot of credit for mentoring him (Parker) and making him a much better back.
If Eddie had stayed like Bettis (in the same role) maybe he could have helped Brown get better. Learn to run less upright, etc?

Hoffa said:
They give Bettis a lot of credit for mentoring him (Parker) and making him a much better back.
If Eddie had stayed like Bettis (in the same role) maybe he could have helped Brown get better. Learn to run less upright, etc?
teach him how to play with a boo-boo

Soxcat said:
Of course with a good OL Parker was good enough to lead the Steelers to the SB and to a SB win. I bet Steeler fans are big fans of Parker. You will not hear them stating such non-sense.
who's the runningback you see taking the handoffs when the game is on the line? bettis.

I can't even fathom anyone argueing, overall, Bettis >>> Parker at this point of the Buses career.

I'd rather have Parker than Brown. ANYDAY. :sad2:

bigtitan53279 said:
i've never been a big fan of brown either. him and brown are similar. they both get stuffed more than they make four yards, they just manage to break a 30 yarder to bump up their average.

I didn't know you watched every Steelers game. :sad2:

KamikaZ said:
I didn't know you watched every Steelers game. :sad2:
i didnt need to. look at his stats. all of his 100 yard games he had a run of at least 21 yards(a few were over 40). in ten of the games this year he had an YPC of 3.7 or less, all of which he didnt have a run of 25 yards or more.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/494527/gamelogs/2005

my point about parker is you will never have a consisent running game with him. he's a great change of pace back, and is good for a big gain or two a game, but he wont be someone you can give the ball to 25 times a game. sounds exactly like chris brown.

:ha:

So elite backs aren't allowed to break a long run or two? I don't get your logic cous. No one said he was in the top 5 in the league, but you said he isn't a starter in this league. Clearly, he is...

KamikaZ said:
So elite backs aren't allowed to break a long run or two? I don't get your logic cous. No one said he was in the top 5 in the league, but you said he isn't a starter in this league. Clearly, he is...
i put him in the same category i put chris brown in. above average. he'll be a good stopgap player until they get someone who can take the full load.

and my whole point about the long runs is his average is nothing without them. i was responding to soxcat's comment about his high YPC. when in fact he averaged less than 3.8 YPC for more than half of the games this season(a few were less than 3). all of which he was missing his 25+ yarder.

his season was exactly like chris browns' 2004 season.

Well if you took out the 20+ yard runs Jim Brown didn't have a good ypc either....but then again You CAN'T TAKE those runs away.

I disagree completely. In 2004, Chris Brown ripped off chunks of yardage consistently. His 4.9 ypc was not only his average, but a median as well....it seems that half of his gains were over five yards, and half of them were under. (Check the play-by-plays...they back me up.) The games in which he struggled were against defenses that were geared to stop him...and even then, many of them were unable to do it.

Yeah, he usually had a 20+ yard run to pad the stats a bit, but even without it, he was a highly effective back for everything but short yardage, where he and the O-line share the blame equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back