archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Aside from AJ Hawk .....
Ohio State's QB Troy Smith looks sharp and is pretty accurate
also, WR Ted Ginn looks real good

feel free to add

Santonio Holmes since Ginn, Jr. isn't coming out this year (is he?). And Holmes is rated the top or near the top of WRs coming out, isn't he?

Sure would. By the way, Puck, off topic, but when you were talking LenDale White again, did you change your mind about not taking him in the first round?

AJ Hawk is EVERYWHERE. He's got two sacks and a plethora...a...a...veritable cornucopia of tackles...

I'm starting to like the guy a lot (just not with the #3 pick, is all) ;)

GLinks said:
Sure would. By the way, Puck, off topic, but when you were talking LenDale White again, did you change your mind about not taking him in the first round?

I don't think he's a projected 1st rounder
but I might take a flier on him in the second

he's not a homerun threat like Bush is, but not alot of "homerun" guys make it in the pros. He's a bruiser and a quality short yardage / goalline back.
Jeff likes those types of backs

in answer to your question (more directly), I wouldn't take him at #3 nor would I take DeAngelo there either
and from the way i just spoke, it doesn't sound like I'd take Bush at #3. for some strange reason, i think LenDale might serve the TITANS better

I wonder what Chow thinks

we can discuss this Wednesday night :winker:

you never know ..... McGahee looked to be the #1 overall pick in '03
until ........

Puck said:
we can discuss this Wednesday night :winker:

you never know ..... McGahee looked to be the #1 overall pick in '03
until ........

Very true. I've actually been wondering how much it'll screw folks up if he changes directions and - stays in school.

GLinks said:
Very true. I've actually been wondering how much it'll screw folks up if he changes directions and - stays in school.

let's look at that for a sec

what would happen if Bush stayed in school and Young declared

or if both stayed in school

or (simplified) who'd be #1 if Bush didn't declare ?

Puck said:
I don't think he's a projected 1st rounder
but I might take a flier on him in the second

he's not a homerun threat like Bush is, but not alot of "homerun" guys make it in the pros. He's a bruiser and a quality short yardage / goalline back.
Jeff likes those types of backs

in answer to your question (more directly), I wouldn't take him at #3 nor would I take DeAngelo there either
and from the way i just spoke, it doesn't sound like I'd take Bush at #3. for some strange reason, i think LenDale might serve the TITANS better

I wonder what Chow thinks

I stated the same thing, too. If Fisher wants to relive the EG days, but probably with a little more speed but similar power, White is the guy. I'm just pretty sure Pittsburgh takes him to replace Bettis, and then if they miss or Philly doesn't do it first, New England, to backup/eventually replace Corey Dillon. I'd love if we got an extra 2nd and used it on White, though.

Speaking of DeAngelo, I can see the Jets or Green Bay taking him at 4 or 5.

No Bush, but Young

Hou - Ferguson; NO - Leinhart; Titans - Hawk/M.Williams/D.Williams/VYoung

or

Hou - Leinhart(DCarr due $8mil roster bonus)
NO - V Young
Titans - Ferguson/etc.

Puck said:
very possible

who thinks 3rd overall is a little high for a LB :wave:

Arrington was #2 and Urlacher #9 in 2000

Keith Brooking and Takeo Spikes #12 and #13 in 1998

Peter Boulware and James Farrior #4 and #8 in 1997

Kevin Hardy #2 in 1996.

It's rare, but is Hawk that special? If he's worthy of a top 10 pick then it really doesn't matter if he's taken at three. He just has to be about the best-looking prospect in the last 5 years to merit selection that high, IMO. Is he that guy?

Wow. Troy Smith- 342 yds passing, 66 yds rushing. The last pass he completed to Gonzales was DEFINITELY McNair-esque. Spinning out of a sack to get some room to pass. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back