Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banshee2 said:
Wow. Troy Smith- 342 yds passing, 66 yds rushing. The last pass he completed to Gonzales was DEFINITELY McNair-esque. Spinning out of a sack to get some room to pass. Wow.

yeah man,..... Troy Smith impressed the (bleep) out of me

I'd take that kid in a heartbeat
especially considering he reminds you of McNair

too bad he's only a junior
like they said on TV, he's an early Heismann candidate

I'd take him 2nd round in this years draft after tonight

Puck said:
very possible

who thinks 3rd overall is a little high for a LB :wave:

Is that all you're going to look at? Where LB's are typically picked? Come on Puck, you can think more outside the box than that. He'd make a big impact on this team.

I'd look at how high he grades out and our needs. If he grades out as good as the top players in the draft, I wouldn't pass just because he's a LB. We have a huge need at LB.

Now many things can happen between now and the draft, so things could change.

Bobo said:
Is that all you're going to look at? Where LB's are typically picked? Come on Puck, you can think more outside the box than that. He'd make a big impact on this team.

c'mon,..... you know i think WAY outside the box

but is he really a player worthy of taking #3 overall
that's the real question

if he's not,..... you look to fall back a little further to where you can grab some extra picks, and still get him
that's all

considering the group picking in an around us, I don't think most of them are looking at AJ. so picking him there would be 'early'
the teams picking directly behind us al need either RB's or QB's or OL or DE's

it's possible for us to trade with ... say San Fran,,, and still get AJ at #7

I like Hawk alot. We definatly need a play maker on Defense. Get one know while Pacman, Hill, and troupe our WR are all still young. This way they will all come to age together and we will be a BEAST on defense in a few years."

Puck said:
c'mon,..... you know i think WAY outside the box

but is he really a player worthy of taking #3 overall
that's the real question

if he's not,..... you look to fall back a little further to where you can grab some extra picks, and still get him
that's all

considering the group picking in an around us, I don't think most of them are looking at AJ. so picking him there would be 'early'
the teams picking directly behind us al need either RB's or QB's or OL or DE's

it's possible for us to trade with ... say San Fran,,, and still get AJ at #7

I knew that "think outside the box" comment would get you :lol:

Trade down, get Hawk and picks? I like the idea, if we really believe the guys a few spots behind us won't grab him.

yeah just look at who's behind us and who might want to pick #3 (Oakland comes to mind , so does San Fran - ESPECIALLY if Lienart / Young or Bush respectively are still on the board)

I saw a rumor that Oakland may try to deal to get up

wait a minute,... this should be in a draft thread

back to the Fiesta Bowl prospects (regardless of when they come out)

Troy Smith didn't let me down all game. I like the guy. he had several moves that reminded me of McNair. I'm glad he took a risk to attend a McNair sponsored camp. If he were to come out this year, i'd have no problem taking him. if he doesn't come out, he could be an early Heismann candidate

Ted Ginn Jr. another impressive performance
Santonio Holmes had a healthy game

both OU LB's looked good

ND
Darius Walker did about all he could I guess
Brady Quinn disapointed me somewhat - maybe from all the pressure

overall, I think it's a toss-up between Troy Smith and Ted Ginn Jr.

Hawk looks in the mold of Brian Urlacker. He might be best as the MLB in a 4-3 where he stays on the field in the nickel. He has great speed and insincts and would immediantly upgrade our defense big time.

I think he could do either MLB or Sam for us. No matter which position he plays, he'd stay on the field in the nickle. I think I'd rather see him at OLB.

I Was listening to 106.7 (ESPN Radio - Nashville) earlier and they were discussing AJ. Neither of the guys believed that AJ would be on the field day1 nor would he be a ProBowl caliber player anytime soon.
Brian Urlacher was a guy they compared him to and the consensus is that he's not an Urlacher type guy

not that this is my opinion, just thought I'd pass along the media's

being a Diehard Buckeye Fan i would have no problem if Tennessee selected Hawk i really dunno at 3 though

Troy Smith is gonna be a starting QB on Sundays one day he has Great Leadership, a Hell of an Arm, very strong in standing in the pocket and hardly makes a bad decision. another yr at OSU is really gonna help him

Santonio Holmes is prolly the best WR in the draft this yr....great speed, excellent hands and he said that he was only about 65% the whole season b/c of his foot

Teddy is gonna be next yrs Bush, the guy is an absolute stud and has only been playing WR for 2 yrs (was recruited as a CB) has blazing Speed (faster than Bush)....i'll really get to see what he can really do next yr b/c he is the #1 wr b/c Holmes is leaving and im sure you guys saw what he could do vs ND

**i have some Realtime clips of Teddy but i cant post them until i have 15 posts, so if anyone wants to see them let me know**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back