Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Titans scouts and coaches will soon begin the process of making their final draft evaluations and recommendations. Next week, GM Floyd Reese, Coach Jeff Fisher and the team's scouting staff will meet all next week to decide what to do with the third pick of the first round and the nine other choices in this year's draft. Many predict the first pick will be a QB though Reese won't tip his hand. "I don’t know if it hurts us or helps us really," Reese said. "Right now, especially with where we are in the draft, all the so-called experts are going to say the same thing about the first two, three or four teams and what they need. Every one of them says Houston is going to take Bush, but if you get to 15, then maybe five of them get that right, and when you get to 30, none of them get that right."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

We're taking a QB but where? If New Orleans doesn't trade down and they take Mario Williams or D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Jammal Brown doesn't work out at LT - a lot of peeps think he's a RT) we have all 3. Why take VYoung at #3 when he could be there at say #7? It depends on the value they put on that pick and what they can get. We may trade down depending on how we value Leinart (primarily).

but the raiders are very fond of young and why would it matter about leinart anymore, hes basically not even a pick in my opinion since he went public about saying that he doesnt know if he wants to be a pro football player or an actor or whatever

it was in an article around the forum somewhere i think it was red flag leinart or something like that but he doesnt know if he wants to be a pro or do something else like art or act and what not

GhostZ said:
it was in an article around the forum somewhere i think it was red flag leinart or something like that but he doesnt know if he wants to be a pro or do something else like art or act and what not

umm, in that article (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9372948) Judge makes the statement that Leinart doesn't know what he wants. Leinart never comments at all. That story was concocted by friends of Leigh Steinberg, the first line really says it all.

well if anyone thinks that he must be doing something to make people think that, but hes to in love with hollywood and wont like it here in tennesee, but vince seems like a simple kind of guy that doesnt need much to be happy

If we are sitting there at #3 with all three QBs to choose from and we have one of those QBs rated as clearly the best of the bunch I think you stay put and take that guy.

Soxcat said:
If we are sitting there at #3 with all three QBs to choose from and we have one of those QBs rated as clearly the best of the bunch I think you stay put and take that guy.

I couldn't agree more. :thumb:

Soxcat said:

Definitely. The exciting thing is that it looks like that may very well happen. Before the Brees trade, it looked like we'd have an easy pick because everyone was saying that Bush/Leinart/Young were a lock for the top 3, and the Titans would just take the leftover of those guys.

The Brees trade is the biggest single shakeup move of the draft so far, at least from our perspective.

The pressure has to have been mounting for Reese since that day because now he doesn't have the luxury of just picking the obvious (unless someone trades up for Leinart or Young). If our pick is a bust and one of the other QBs flourishes somewhere it will greatly impact Reese's job. I bet he won't get much sleep over the next two weeks, maybe not much over the next two years.

Broken Record said:
Definitely. The exciting thing is that it looks like that may very well happen. Before the Brees trade, it looked like we'd have an easy pick because everyone was saying that Bush/Leinart/Young were a lock for the top 3, and the Titans would just take the leftover of those guys.

The Brees trade is the biggest single shakeup move of the draft so far, at least from our perspective.

The pressure has to have been mounting for Reese since that day because now he doesn't have the luxury of just picking the obvious (unless someone trades up for Leinart or Young). If our pick is a bust and one of the other QBs flourishes somewhere it will greatly impact Reese's job. I bet he won't get much sleep over the next two weeks, maybe not much over the next two years.
but if they were smart they would have been going vince all the way, clear and easy decision for me and 2 other guys at least that i know of

GhostZ said:
but if they were smart they would have been going vince all the way, clear and easy decision for me and 2 other guys at least that i know of

Ok, I've ignored it for like a week. This is NOT a clear and easy decision. We have two QBs (maybe 3, depending on opinion of cutler) that are incredibly talented and have the potential to be the face of their franchises for the next ten years. However, both are significant risks. You can't say that Vince Young will definitely be a success in the NFL, you also can't say it for Leinart. I'm incredibly excited about this draft and our choices, and can't wait to see who we go with, but one thing I can't agree with, it's not an easy decision.

I'm really looking forward to the Titans picking Voung and also to see how the rest of the draft pans out.

I wanna see if the Titans make a move to get a 3rd rounder, and to see if they take a MLB in the 2nd round which IMO, they should.

Owner and Player Greed is Killing the Game!!!

LazyManJackson said:
I wanna see if the Titans make a move to get a 3rd rounder, and to see if they take a MLB in the 2nd round which IMO, they should.

Owner and Player Greed is Killing the Game!!!

Yeah, I think we could package 6th or 7th round pick with Volek/McNair, Sirmon or Piller to get back to the third.

Interesting comments by fisher..

ESPN just did a brief piece on how hard it is to make a decision about a QB. The bust factor etc. There were several quotes from some coaches and fisher said this..paraphrase..."the coach likes one guy, the GM another and the other coaches and scouts want you to draft someone else". ..

Does this mean that all these guys are on a different page? Chow likes lienart, fisher likes young and reese likes cutler?

RollTide said:
Does this mean that all these guys are on a different page?

I think that will always be the case, and that was what Fisher meant. Just look at how divided opinions of te QB are on this forum. Why should the Titans organisation be any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back