Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, no way I am defending the non-Moss pick but Reese wasn't the only one to take a pass there.

Unless Hawk is the second-coming of Ray Ray, Reese just doesn't appear to be willing to use a high, first-round pick at LB. Especially in a draft that will be deep at the position.

But you never know. There is always a first time.

TitanJeff said:
Hey, no way I am defending the non-Moss pick but Reese wasn't the only one to take a pass there.

Unless Hawk is the second-coming of Ray Ray, Reese just doesn't appear to be willing to use a high, first-round pick at LB. Especially in a draft that will be deep at the position.

But you never know. There is always a first time.
Paul Poluzsny or that guy from Maryland I think with the UnderArmour jersey's.

D'Qwell something

I have no problem wanting to take Hawk, but slamming on Bulluck is both unnecessary and stupid. He's one of our best players on D. Criticize the other LBs if you want, but Bulluck is a solid LB, and if we were a better team, he would definitely be a pro-bowl candidate. He's also one of the few players we have on defense that takes a leadership role. If there's anyone on D I don't see getting replaced, it's Bulluck. (he's also signed for 5 more seasons)

Hey Guy

GoTitans3801 said:
I have no problem wanting to take Hawk, but slamming on Bulluck is both unnecessary and stupid. He's one of our best players on D. Criticize the other LBs if you want, but Bulluck is a solid LB, and if we were a better team, he would definitely be a pro-bowl candidate. He's also one of the few players we have on defense that takes a leadership role. If there's anyone on D I don't see getting replaced, it's Bulluck. (he's also signed for 5 more seasons)
Scoot that chair you're sitting in up a little closer, open your eyes a little more wider.

Now read this:

I'll slam on anybody I please whether it be a player in this league, on this team or a poster on this board. Bulluck doesn't have that "IT" FACTOR THAT CAN'T BE EXPLAINED it's just the fact that he's a Titan that makes you guys blind.

Butkus, Bell, Bednarik, Nitschke, Singletary, Lewis, Taylor, Thomas etc all had it. Thats what separates guys like them from other LB's, Bulluck doesn't really separate himself from any top LB as the best in the league.

Where's the ferocity:grrr: ?

Is he really better than any other LB in the league regardless of position? HELLL TO THE NAWWWW

I bet if we get Hawk, Poluszny or another they'll bring more intensity than Bulluck.

Guy is a good LB but he isn't special.

I don't think this yr you can name a LB that is that much better and that much nastier than the rest of the guys in the league. It certainly isn't Ray Ray. He is done. He will not return to his old form after having to have his hammy surgically repaired. The LB who has made the most plays this yr is Odell Thurman. He leads all LBs in INTs with 5 and in forced fumbles with 4. If he doesn't win rookie of the year it is a shame. But I wouldn't put him in the category of the guys you listed. That is an elite group. Open your eyes and admit that Bulluck is one of the better playmaking LBs in the league. Yes he might not be the type that lays Snot-bubble hits all the time, but i guarantee that the only guy that QBs try to find on our defense when they come to the LOS is Bulluck. I am all for giving him a partner in crime.

CriticalTheory said:
Scoot that chair you're sitting in up a little closer, open your eyes a little more wider.

Now read this:

I'll slam on anybody I please whether it be a player in this league, on this team or a poster on this board. Bulluck doesn't have that "IT" FACTOR THAT CAN'T BE EXPLAINED it's just the fact that he's a Titan that makes you guys blind.

Butkus, Bell, Bednarik, Nitschke, Singletary, Lewis, Taylor, Thomas etc all had it. Thats what separates guys like them from other LB's, Bulluck doesn't really separate himself from any top LB as the best in the league.

Where's the ferocity:grrr: ?

Is he really better than any other LB in the league regardless of position? HELLL TO THE NAWWWW

I bet if we get Hawk, Poluszny or another they'll bring more intensity than Bulluck.

Guy is a good LB but he isn't special.

I only want to know one thing.
Can Hawk BEAST people? Is he a BEASTING dude? Can he knock the BEAST out of guys?

Funny how guys who haven't even played one play in the big leagues are BEASTS but a guy like Bulluck who almost anyone with a miniscule amount of football intelligence would agree is one of the top LBs in football just doesn't have the "IT" factor. I would take another one of Bulluck with our first pick in a heart beat.

Again, I ask as do others, why does Bulluck have anything to do with taking Hawk? Hawk would not replace Bulluck? We can only hope Hawk is as good if we take him.

A.J. Hawk would be a nice pick if we traded out, but if we snagged someone else with our first and Paul Posluzny came out and sitting in the second round when we pick, I hope we snag him. This kid is f'in sick. You guys see his highlights from the Minn. game? He owned Maroney. Also, he's quite the leader I hear and a guy who's well known in his community for his contributions to it. Our team could use a guy like Posluzny.

Soxcat said:
I only want to know one thing.
Can Hawk BEAST people? Is he a BEASTING dude? Can he knock the BEAST out of guys?

Funny how guys who haven't even played one play in the big leagues are BEASTS but a guy like Bulluck who almost anyone with a miniscule amount of football intelligence would agree is one of the top LBs in football just doesn't have the "IT" factor. I would take another one of Bulluck with our first pick in a heart beat.

Again, I ask as do others, why does Bulluck have anything to do with taking Hawk? Hawk would not replace Bulluck? We can only hope Hawk is as good if we take him.
Yes Hawk can BEAST people.

Yes he's a BEAST he is a certified BEAST unless he bombs in the NFL then his current BEAST status will be promptly taken away.

You can't knock the BEAST out of guys unless the other guy is BEAST.

I wouldn't take him again thats just me

Once Bulluck sees the Rookie Hawk's intensity he'll have no choice but to step it up. Never said he would replace him I was saying Hawk will merely come in and supplant Bulluck as the best Backer on the team. Yea I said it:grrr:

He will be he better be

I remember Katzenmoyer being a "beast" at OSU too not too long ago. He must be the best LB in the NFL right now.

Same can be said about Arrington.

Bulluck is widely cosidered the best OLB in the league and one of the top 2-3 LBs in the game. Outside of Urlacher, what LB who could play worth a damn in the NFL "beasts" people like these kids in college?

Is anyone better than any other LB in the league regardless of position? Of course not! That's a pretty ridiculous and stupid standard, and I guarantee no matter how "beast" Hawk is, or whatever other stupid incredibly subjective adjective you want to use, he won't be either. My point is, of all people on our team, you're choosing to slam one of our best. He brings a lot of leadership to this team, a different value that "beasting", but a damn important one nonetheless. He's a leader on the field, in the locker room, and in the community. I just don't see why you're calling for him to take a seat rather than any of our other linebackers. I'd love to see those two as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back