Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Titans needed to be perfect this off-season to take another leap to the superbowl, but they weren't.
None of their draft picks are making significant contributions, and none of the free agents have helped.

At the end of the day, the titans have a superbowl-worthy offense, matched with a terrible defense that can't get off the field on 3rd down and a below average special teams.
Nothing can be done about that.

It sucks because next year I would not doubt that tennessee would be a middle of the pack team.

People want to point to the defensive coordinator as the problem, but when you don't have talent to do what you need to do no amount of coaching will solve it.
Cleveland had the perfect game plan against the titans, but it is still the titans generate no pass rush and our corners coverage goes way down after the first two mississippis.
Just deal with it.
Last year wasn't a fluke, but last year's team was head and shoulders better than this one.

We're literally missing like half our defensive starters and people still can't understand why our defense is bad.... Lol.

I'll give you special teams has been awful though part of that can be contributed to injury too.

Man, at least we haven’t lost to a team with no name, or signed Cam, or lost to the Giants... or any other thing that “good” teams have done this year.

The seasons not over, the Titans likely win the division, almost certainly make the playoffs. From there anything can happen, as evidenced by the run last year.

The NFL is tough, even the worst teams aren't gimme games. A lot of it comes down to luck to, change one play in some of the titans games and the team could be 10-2 or 2-10 really. Ravens went from 14-2 to 7-5 and they won the off-season everyone said.

The seasons not over, the Titans likely win the division, almost certainly make the playoffs. From there anything can happen, as evidenced by the run last year.

The NFL is tough, even the worst teams aren't gimme games. A lot of it comes down to luck to, change one play in some of the titans games and the team could be 10-2 or 2-10 really. Ravens went from 14-2 to 7-5 and they won the off-season everyone said.
"offseason champ". The worst "award" that can be bestowed upon a team. Almost assures everyone that the upcoming season will be a disappointment if not outright failure.

"offseason champ". The worst "award" that can be bestowed upon a team. Almost assures everyone that the upcoming season will be a disappointment if not outright failure.

I mean we “won” the Clowney sweepstakes, I would tread careful there lol
I do recall a lot of "victory" laps about Clowney, I don't recall anyone thinking the Titans won the offseason.
The last couple years were owned by Jax and Cleveland, both of which were very underwhelming performances after "winning".

I think signing a big name player (especially at a position of need) is different than winning the entire offseason. Many teams get 1 player.

I do recall a lot of "victory" laps about Clowney, I don't recall anyone thinking the Titans won the offseason.
The last couple years were owned by Jax and Cleveland, both of which were very underwhelming performances after "winning".

I think signing a big name player (especially at a position of need) is different than winning the entire offseason. Many teams get 1 player.
Oh for sure, I don’t really know of any “off season” victory’s this year, but I know Clowney was fairly highly coveted by many here.

It must really mess with your mind to know the future. I can’t imagine the cerebral damage of knowing an unknown reality would do to a person. You might want to lay off the Icehouse’s until you get medically cleared.

It must really mess with your mind to know the future. I can’t imagine the cerebral damage of knowing an unknown reality would do to a person. You might want to lay off the Icehouse’s until you get medically cleared.
Not seeing the future, Using the past couple years (4-5) as the prime example.

It's not an official award of course and is absolutely subjective who "won" the offseason champ award, but as I pointed out, Cle and Jax were 2 recent winners and than once. Neither team turned out successful those particular years.

As pointed out, I don't really recall any winners for this year, someone did mention Baltimore. I'd say they took a pretty big step backwards.

That's kinda my point. It's pretty seldom a team wins a superbowl based on one off-season. We can look at last off-season and call it a failure, or we can look at jrobs entire tenure and realize that he's managed to build a consistently competitive team, despite never having a franchise qb. Thats pretty impressive in this league

Man, at least we haven’t lost to a team with no name, or signed Cam, or lost to the Giants... or any other thing that “good” teams have done this year.
Like lose to the Bengals, or sign Clowney & Beasley, or draft a 1st round bust?
I'm optimistic about this season, and think JRob is great, but cannot agree with your post.

Like lose to the Bengals, or sign Clowney & Beasley, or draft a 1st round bust?
I'm optimistic about this season, and think JRob is great, but cannot agree with your post.
The point is, stuff like this happens, to good teams. The Titans aren’t special because bad things have happened.

That's kinda my point. It's pretty seldom a team wins a superbowl based on one off-season. We can look at last off-season and call it a failure, or we can look at jrobs entire tenure and realize that he's managed to build a consistently competitive team, despite never having a franchise qb. Thats pretty impressive in this league
Agree. I like what JRob has done overall and even like the effort towards filling the holes this past offseason, just didn't work out.
The draft was not very good, but he's done enough that I wouldn't cast him off based on this year alone.

I think I was just pointing out that I don't want to be "offseason champs". Generally, I see offseason champ as overspending for an attempt at immediate payout and run into financial cap issues the following year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back