Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puck said:
i think someone will wait til Pepp's flatout cut

Duante might be the steal of the FA Class after its all said and done

He is overated to the max! He was good because he can scramble and had Moss to bomb to on the run. He sucks.

I think Volek is a system type of QB. If given time he's got a good deep ball - it's probably his best and most dangerous asset.

He didn't seem nearly as good of a QB in a dink/dunk type offense this past year. Give him routes down the field with some protection and he'll do much better imho.

I think he's a capable starter in the league, but question marks were raised in 05 when he didn't adapt well to the new offense here.

Not sure which game, but Roos whiffed on a block in one game that got Volek killed. Peyton was in to block and it happened so fast he couldn't even get over to get part of the block. Volek says he only remembers Peyton saying "look out" and then lights out.:hmm:

smili said:
I think he's a capable starter in the league, but question marks were raised in 05 when he didn't adapt well to the new offense here.

Neither did Steve.

Those stats on Volek's first 9 starts: for most of that time he had a decent team around him, but remember when those stats got posted? The nexy day after the KC MNF game, Dec 13 04. Sure, KC had no defense, but we were suiting up the waterboys and cheerleaders just to get 11 men on the field.

He's had some bad games since then, but the whole team has also. The Chow plan failed miserably. I still won't be holding BV's feet to the fire.

I can't believe this thread is into the second page and Volek's durabilty (or lack thereof) has been mentioned only once.

I don't want to sound like I don't like him, because I do...he's easily one of the best backup QB's in the league. But there are some very good reasons why he's not a starter.

In ten career starts, he has sustained two season-ending injuries (ruptured spleen in '03, separated shoulder in '04), and was knocked out of two or three others. In his last three starts, he didn't finish a single one of them. He's a quality QB, and he's one of the best deep-ball passers in the league...far better than McNair....but the fact of the matter is, he's made of glass. And I don't care how good a QB is, he can't help you if he's in the training room getting X-rays after every third series. (Also, as was mentioned earlier, he has a tendency to hang onto the ball too long, waiting for something to develop. He also doesn't have a particularly good feel for pass pressure...and these two things make for a very dangerous combination. He gets clobbered a lot.)

It's a downfield passing attack installed by Linnehan in Miami. It requires accuracy on the deep out, something Frerotte lacks badly. I don't think you can call a ruptured spleen -- half your equation -- an indication of "injury prone."

With Hudson Houck, we've made chicken soup with chicken poop on our O-Line, and it should improve further, giving an inexpensive guy like Volek time to throw.

Frankly, Brees' shoulder worries me. He wasn't very strong-armed to begin with. Culpepper is a fine individual talent, but also a clown coming off a major injury that could cut out a significant portion of his game. Additionally, either will cost a mint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back