Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Callahan has no answers in post game presser. Pathetic.

“Just gotta get better…..”. He appears to be in over his head.
Yeah, I watched that on You Tube....looked like a hostage video. We will see what he has in the tank here. It is tough for new HCs these days. There was a time when someone was given 3-5 years to build his team...those days (good or bad) are long gone. IMO if the situation does not markedly improve he is 6-10 games away from being talked about like Josh McDaniel....again, good or bad here.

i dont know who to blame. Callahan or the players. It's Callahans job to get this team ready. I never thought the Bengals were anything other than lucky to get the SB a few years ago. I don't know.

In all honesty, I don't think we suck, we just haven't put together a full game this year. If this team could have done that 3 weeks in a row, this is a 3-0 team. Superbowl team? Probably not... but when i looked at this schedule before the season, I thought 3-0 was very attainable even if we didn't bring our A game.

Gonna give the QB a pass. He has an arm. It's Callahans job to ensure this doesnt happen and that we are ready. 3 weeks in a row, this team has looked lost and has been unable to adjust.

Both Willis and Henry received the game ball by the HC of their respective teams, too. You can't make this stuff up.
Painful. They both played great and they’re class acts and always well liked by their team mates. Don’t know where Ran is going with this personnel.

Old man Callahan and Denard Wilson look like chump hires at 0-3. Even our all pro DT playing undisciplined. We’re about to start seeing the injury bug excuse activated with some phantom injuries.

I thought Petit-Frere was supposed to a steal pickup couple years ago. Looked like he started his period on that whiff play and then wanted his mom to come check him out of the game.

i dont know who to blame. Callahan or the players. It's Callahans job to get this team ready. I never thought the Bengals were anything other than lucky to get the SB a few years ago. I don't know.

In all honesty, I don't think we suck, we just haven't put together a full game this year. If this team could have done that 3 weeks in a row, this is a 3-0 team. Superbowl team? Probably not... but when i looked at this schedule before the season, I thought 3-0 was very attainable even if we didn't bring our A game.

Gonna give the QB a pass. He has an arm. It's Callahans job to ensure this doesnt happen and that we are ready. 3 weeks in a row, this team has looked lost and has been unable to adjust.
WP, I can appreciate your view on the team but come on man. This team is REALLY bad. Like everyone in the FO should go to work tomorrow with bags over their heads.

WP, I can appreciate your view on the team but come on man. This team is REALLY bad. Like everyone in the FO should go to work tomorrow with bags over their heads.
They looked REALLY bad today...they looked uneven (bad in some portions of the game) previously.Admittedly not good as well, but nothing like today IMO. Today was just ugly...

Coaching staff has their job cut out for them this week IMO...

there's talent on this roster, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I would have taken a Bill O'Brien over this Callahan Clown as coach... It's wild that a guy like that wasn't even considered for this position and he took a job at Boston College.

They looked REALLY bad today...they looked uneven (bad in some portions of the game) previously.Admittedly not good as well, but nothing like today IMO. Today was just ugly...

Coaching staff has their job cut out for them this week IMO...
Not just bad. They looked worse in:

Pass protection
Run blocking
Run D
pass D
game planning
Play calling
Adjustments

Same pathetic performance ( no improvement:

Turnovers
Special team gaffes

The only bright spot was the first O drive and subsequent “D-hop” drive.

Why the hell Burks is ever on the field is beyond me. We have better options.

Pass protection
Run blocking
Run D
pass D
game planning
Play calling
Adjustments

Turnovers
Special team gaffes

This exactly all of this !!!

Pass protection
Run blocking
Run D
pass D
game planning
Play calling
Adjustments

Turnovers
Special team gaffes

It’s amazing some of you guys are still talking about Burks when we have a QB that can’t hit wide open receivers. You forgot to mention Levis in the “same pathetic performance” category.

It’s amazing some of you guys are still talking about Burks when we have a QB that can’t hit wide open receivers. You forgot to mention Levis in the “same pathetic performance” category.
Levis completed 77% of his passes today for 260. What wide open receivers did he miss on the 8 passes he missed on 2 of which should have been caught. Which ones? This team is in rebuild. Levis is learning. Rookie HC. This team needs more talent. There has been improvement. This team wasn’t winning shit this year. Give it time guys. Relax.

I just went back 20 years looking at our first round picks. My opinion, it's been 20 years of busts. Chris Johnson probably the best first round pick we've had in the past 20 seasons as far as making an immediate impact in a rookie season.
Jeff Simmons was a first.

But overall I think you can go further back than 20 years. Really back to 1996, almost 30 years.
A couple contributors but far from anyone game changing.

They lost 2 very winnable games but even had they won, not really looking like champs, just not absolute bottom feeders.

I can’t even make the case that they overlooked GB because of Willis. Since they got so beat down from the get go, they weren’t good enough to do anything.

I don’t have a lot of hope next week but another very winnable game with Miami likely on QB 3. But even they hung around Seattle for most of the game.

The D isn’t a bunch of rookies (except sweat). Their performance trended down today. Poor tackling, no turnovers and horrific pass and run D. You can relax if you want on that but a solid D is the start of a rebuild.

Most folks ok with Levis as long as he Improves which he did today. The pick 6 was bad but happens with your QBs. The strip sack wasn’t on him but on the right OL staffed by 3rd year 3rd round vet. And Burks has skillet hands still. Just keeping it real. They should be better and improving they’re not.

I don’t think Levis had a good game but he’s not the blame by himself.

I’ll also ask because I did during the game, what needs rebuilt?
Ran signed someone new at almost every position. The only area that wasn’t addressed at all was RT/RG.

of the guys signed, a couple were obviously top of the FA list with how quick they were signed.

So who needs replaced to finish this “rebuild” other than NPF?

Ran signed someone new at almost every position. The only area that wasn’t addressed at all was RT/RG.

of the guys signed, a couple were obviously top of the FA list with how quick they were signed.

You don’t think the right side of the line is a problem? The OLine is youngest in the NFL. Takes time. Depth takes time and more than 1 off season. Basically a rookie QB. Takes time. That’s the rebuild. Totally new system. Takes time.

You don’t think the right side of the line is a problem? The OLine is youngest in the NFL.
What? I specifically said the Right side wasn’t addressed and that NPF needs replaced.
Takes time. Depth takes time and more than 1 off season. Basically a rookie QB. Takes time. That’s the rebuild. Totally new system. Takes time.
I understand people say this, but who needs replaced to continue/complete the rebuild?
We are in agreement on the right side of the OL, which Ran did not address.

but by saying we are still in rebuild and it takes another year, by virtue, there are players on the team now that need replaced. Who are they?

Levis, who ever is playing RG, OLBs, depth at most positions. And the ST coach.

Latest posts

Back