Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
If VY Vince Young goes pro this NFL draft the TITANS should give up everything draft picks do a saints deal give up all picks to get him. Any player anyone we dont have anyone that great anyway but give up what you need to to get IN-Vinceable.

Stop this mess about his arm he has one of the quickiest released ive ever seen and a hell of a gun I mean that ball gets to where it needs to in a hurry. His vision in running is unlike anything ive ever seen. I have seen him launch the ball 50 yards in the air so this arm strength junk im not sure where that comes from.

Bottom line if Vince goes NFL GET HIM!!!!!!!!

He is one in a million. Hey put 420yds on a team that has not lost a game in 2 years..

Thats crazy. No way do we give "EVERYTHING" meaning picks, up to get him. He is not the "Awnser" all our problems. He could be a help, but we have other needs...DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE, to work on.

Not that, but a 1st, next years 1st, next years 3rd, and trade Volek somewhere to get a 3rd and trade that to move up two spots.

I still think that is too much. I can see MAYBE, this years 1st, next years 2nd. MAYBE. I am almost just as happy taking Lienhart or Cutler.

I suppose the Saints could listen to a Volek trade.

Of course Young may want to come here and may enquire about the Saints intentions and that will determine whether he comes out or not.

TitansCountry25 said:
If VY Vince Young goes pro this NFL draft the TITANS should give up everything draft picks do a saints deal give up all picks to get him. Any player anyone we dont have anyone that great anyway but give up what you need to to get IN-Vinceable.

Stop this mess about his arm he has one of the quickiest released ive ever seen and a hell of a gun I mean that ball gets to where it needs to in a hurry. His vision in running is unlike anything ive ever seen. I have seen him launch the ball 50 yards in the air so this arm strength junk im not sure where that comes from.

Bottom line if Vince goes NFL GET HIM!!!!!!!!

He is one in a million. Hey put 420yds on a team that has not lost a game in 2 years..
I wrote this in the other thread.

- Young is no NFL QB. Is he exciting to watch run the ball ? yes, but he's no QB. He stays in the shotgun the entire game, every play. When he does throw it... its to the flat, and he puts up mis-leading stats in a " Zone step " offense. I can't believe fans are considering him as our first pick with the idea he could be a NFL QB. He would have little to no success at that level.

Him being in the shot gun every play... is a indicator that he can not process defense(s) quickly and needs the extra time. Tonight it looked like they ran the same play.. over and over again. I felt like I was watching some guy on xbox playing NFL live that keeps running the same play or Nebraska running the option in the early 90's.

Bush, Leinart, or Young is fine with me. No need to trade for anything as one of those three players would be fine choices.

bigtitan53279 said:
i believe mcnair played mostly out of the shotgun in college, as did byron leftwich and chad pennington.
Leftwich, Pennington have done nothing to mount on their career walls and Mcnair is playing off of reputation steming from the 99'season... which he won some games, but it was our defense that got us to the Super-bowl. I like McNair as much as the next guy, but he is extremely inaccurate and he struggles reading defenses.

If Young developed into as good of a QB as McNair that wouldn't be a bad thing but no way is he worth moving up in the draft this year. Leinhart and Cutler could be as good in the pros and at #3 all we have to do is pick the best player the other two don't pick and we are assured of getting a quality QB or Bush. With Young's performance it isn't as cut and dried as I thought that Houston will take Bush. They could go for Young which means Leinhart will get picked by the Saints. We would get to draft Bush. Even if Houston picks Bush we still get our choice of whatever QBs the Saints don't pick. With the draft stacked at QB there is simply no reason to throw picks away when we are already at #3.
By the way, Cutler will be in the mix come draft time. He has a better arm than Leinhart and is more mobile. He also has an IQ of about 145.

Titanpride said:
Leftwich, Pennington have done nothing to mount on their career walls and Mcnair is playing off of reputation steming from the 99'season... which he won some games, but it was our defense that got us to the Super-bowl. I like McNair as much as the next guy, but he is extremely inaccurate and he struggles reading defenses.

You're REALLY reaching with this post on the portion on Mac. Living off a rep from '99? Riiight. Because his best years just happened to be in 2001-2003. And if you don't think Mac was deserving of his Co-MVP status, then you must have forgotten how vital he was to that team; I mean "carry that offense on your shoulders" vital. So that throws that BS out the window.

You seem to be riding hard for Jay Cutler. Let me tell you; I will be shocked if he's taken before Young (if he declares) or Leinhart, even with an outstanding combine. A Vandy QB? I like Cutler, and would happy to take him in the second, but no WAY I'd take him with the 3rd. I see him realistically in the middle in the first, and maybe reaches as far as the very early first 2nd round. You're reaching hard playboy.

IndyTitan said:
Bush, Leinart, or Young is fine with me. No need to trade for anything as one of those three players would be fine choices.

Well said. No need to be pushy. Gold falls into our lap either way you look at it. (bad metaphor)

Titanpride said:
I wrote this in the other thread.

- Young is no NFL QB. Is he exciting to watch run the ball ? yes, but he's no QB. He stays in the shotgun the entire game, every play. When he does throw it... its to the flat, and he puts up mis-leading stats in a " Zone step " offense. I can't believe fans are considering him as our first pick with the idea he could be a NFL QB. He would have little to no success at that level.

Him being in the shot gun every play... is a indicator that he can not process defense(s) quickly and needs the extra time. Tonight it looked like they ran the same play.. over and over again. I felt like I was watching some guy on xbox playing NFL live that keeps running the same play or Nebraska running the option in the early 90's.

Not to pick on you, TP, but you sound like Young is cheating. It's cracking me up.

The other virtue I think of drafting Young will be bringing out the best of whatever Steve has left in his own game. McNair will want to pass on all his skills to Young, moreso than another QB. He'd treat Leinart or Cutler just fine, but he's got a lot emotionally invested in Young. He's like his little brother.

At least spell it right

ammotroop said:
Thats crazy. No way do we give "EVERYTHING" meaning picks, up to get him. He is not the "Awnser" all our problems. He could be a help, but we have other needs...DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE, to work on.

At least spell it right in your signature... its Leinhart.... thats like someone saying Steve MacNair.... haha :)... I just hope we get one of them.... We will prolly end of trading down to get this awesome 2 punter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back