Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
pacmanplayer said:
At least spell it right in your signature... its Leinhart.... thats like someone saying Steve MacNair.... haha :)... I just hope we get one of them.... We will prolly end of trading down to get this awesome 2 punter.

You mispelled it, too. It's Leinart.

LIONHEART! (see "VanDamme")

KamikaZ said:
You're reaching hard playboy.
Who the H*ll are you calling playboy ? I'll have my opinion just like anyone else... and trust me styles, I'm the last person you want to challenge when it comes to analysis, stats, History, trivia... ect about the Oilers'/Titans'. You want to act like a punk, I'll treat you like one and embarrass you infront of your friends... I'll knock you off your soapbox and make you think you were a fan.

Titanpride said:
I'm the last person you want to challenge when it comes to analysis, stats, History, trivia... ect about the Oilers'/Titans'.

what exactly does that prove?

I wouldnt exactly go round bragging about that kinda stuff either, sounds like you got no life.

I watched him last night, and his scrambling ability is purely based on his vision to get away from defenders. His speed looks overrated (I'd say 4.6-4.7 SPD), and unless he powers over defenders (which he didn't do), that agility won't do **** against faster more powerful players. He pushes the ball out, and has a weird delivery no question. The thing that I was talkin about to a guy on IRC;

Omar Jacobs has put up better stats (40 tds with 4 ints), so obviously can play at a high level. He had a down year ths year, and next year he could be playing some TOP defences such as Ohio State. If he stays in school and performs well against those defences, he'll have more NFL upside that Vince Young in my view. If he doesn't perform well, or doesn't stay in school, his stock has dropped and some see him as a 3rd or possibly a 4th rounder. If he dropped their, I'd take him in a heartbeat, and not play him as a rookie (or in games which mean **** because of the deficit) so get him up to speed.

I think Vince Young will be much like that of Michael Vick, but the fact is he doesn't have Vick Speed, so in the NFL I think he'll have to be more of a Culpepper, without the run first mentality. I guessed last night that in 5 years time, if VYoung and OJacobs get EQUAL (or near) opportinity in the NFL, I think Omar will be the better QB, irrelevant of situation.

sticky stuff

TitansCountry25 said:
If VY Vince Young goes pro this NFL draft the TITANS should give up everything draft picks do a saints deal give up all picks to get him. Any player anyone we dont have anyone that great anyway but give up what you need to to get IN-Vinceable.

Stop this mess about his arm he has one of the quickiest released ive ever seen and a hell of a gun I mean that ball gets to where it needs to in a hurry. His vision in running is unlike anything ive ever seen. I have seen him launch the ball 50 yards in the air so this arm strength junk im not sure where that comes from.

Bottom line if Vince goes NFL GET HIM!!!!!!!!

He is one in a million. Hey put 420yds on a team that has not lost a game in 2 years..

dude stop smoking

thnom said:
I watched him last night, and his scrambling ability is purely based on his vision to get away from defenders. His speed looks overrated (I'd say 4.6-4.7 SPD), and unless he powers over defenders (which he didn't do), that agility won't do **** against faster more powerful players. He pushes the ball out, and has a weird delivery no question. The thing that I was talkin about to a guy on IRC;

Omar Jacobs has put up better stats (40 tds with 4 ints), so obviously can play at a high level. He had a down year ths year, and next year he could be playing some TOP defences such as Ohio State. If he stays in school and performs well against those defences, he'll have more NFL upside that Vince Young in my view. If he doesn't perform well, or doesn't stay in school, his stock has dropped and some see him as a 3rd or possibly a 4th rounder. If he dropped their, I'd take him in a heartbeat, and not play him as a rookie (or in games which mean **** because of the deficit) so get him up to speed.

I think Vince Young will be much like that of Michael Vick, but the fact is he doesn't have Vick Speed, so in the NFL I think he'll have to be more of a Culpepper, without the run first mentality. I guessed last night that in 5 years time, if VYoung and OJacobs get EQUAL (or near) opportinity in the NFL, I think Omar will be the better QB, irrelevant of situation.

Young clearly makes better decisions than Vick. And even though Vick has sub 4.4 speed, Young is the only NCAA QB to have over 2500 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing - and not to mention the highest passer rating this year. He showed he can sit in the pocket. He let 3 defenders get to him and he just stood like a brick wall and made his throw.

I like Jacobs, but no way do I 1) think he lasts until the 3rd or 4th with the top 3 QBs likely going in round one and 2) wait until a later round, or next year to draft a QB like him knowing my best chance is right there at #3, waiting to see what happens. Now, if we get Bush in round one and Jacobs is there later, then okay maybe, but the odds are against that strategy being successful.

Jacobs, and Cutler for that matter, are both desirable QBs, but neither are worth the #3 pick, which is our best chance at getting a QB, IMO.

Titanpride, calm down a bit man. You have done this before if I recall correctly. I think you said you would embarrass me too. Did you forget to take you meds? So he called you a playboy, roll with the punches. But then again, I would really like to see you embarrass someone on this sight. Go ahead man embarrass them.

KamikaZ said:
You're REALLY reaching with this post on the portion on Mac. Living off a rep from '99? Riiight. Because his best years just happened to be in 2001-2003. And if you don't think Mac was deserving of his Co-MVP status, then you must have forgotten how vital he was to that team; I mean "carry that offense on your shoulders" vital. So that throws that BS out the window.

You seem to be riding hard for Jay Cutler. Let me tell you; I will be shocked if he's taken before Young (if he declares) or Leinhart, even with an outstanding combine. A Vandy QB? I like Cutler, and would happy to take him in the second, but no WAY I'd take him with the 3rd. I see him realistically in the middle in the first, and maybe reaches as far as the very early first 2nd round. You're reaching hard playboy.

thats why we need to draft leinart for his accuracy and his pocket presence and plain old ability to play. tell me you did not see it. I'm no usc fan, but they did not stay in there rush lanes and the coach did a poor job managing the game thats why they lost.....

I never said Omar Jacobs was #3 quality. But I believe taking Omar with a 2nd or 3rd round pick will be better off than taking vince young at #3 or with a top-10 pick next year.

"Young is the only NCAA QB to have over 2500 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing" and Omar Jacobs has the NCAA QB record with 40 tds and 4 ints. 1,000 yards rushing with the speed I saw last night will equate to less than 600 in the NFL. He doesn't have the speed to match the agility to have the success at running Vick has (and he only got 550 yards). He's a better passer than Vick, but that doesn't say an awful lot, really does it. Take away vicks speed and he isn't a starter at QB.

adamwinn51 said:
Titanpride, calm down a bit man. You have done this before if I recall correctly. I think you said you would embarrass me too. Did you forget to take you meds? So he called you a playboy, roll with the punches. But then again, I would really like to see you embarrass someone on this sight. Go ahead man embarrass them.
Too funny... I've never provoked or gone after anyone for their opinion and people start coming out of the wood works. Look at how this whole thing got started... then let me know. I've got Flav'a Flav who wants to go from opinion to personal

thnom said:
I never said Omar Jacobs was #3 quality. But I believe taking Omar with a 2nd or 3rd round pick will be better off than taking vince young at #3 or with a top-10 pick next year.

"Young is the only NCAA QB to have over 2500 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing" and Omar Jacobs has the NCAA QB record with 40 tds and 4 ints. 1,000 yards rushing with the speed I saw last night will equate to less than 600 in the NFL. He doesn't have the speed to match the agility to have the success at running Vick has (and he only got 550 yards). He's a better passer than Vick, but that doesn't say an awful lot, really does it. Take away vicks speed and he isn't a starter at QB.

I never said you did, thnom. I just said #3 was our best chance for getting a QB. Besides, Jacobs' best chance right now is to return for another year of eligibility and compete with Brady Quinn. If we get Bush, we might keep an eye out for Jacobs next year.

My point about the yardage is he has more rushing yards in a season than Vick ever had, even though he is slower, by like 1.xx seconds.

And yes, it says a lot when you look at his passer rating (higher than Jacobs, I believe) and see that he completed 75% of his passes going head to head with Leinart.

Right now I'm looking at Young like he's more of a Roethlisberger (decision-making) with vision and speed. I don't think of him like Vick as much as some do. That's the obvious comparison. If he learns behind McNair for two years, I think he's ready.

Titanpride said:
Too funny... I've never provoked or gone after anyone for their opinion and people start coming out of the wood works. Look at how this whole thing got started... then let me know. I've got Flav'a Flav who wants to go from opinion to personal

I don't think there's a real reason for the argument, guys. Pride, I don't think KaZ was trying to offend you by calling you "playboy."

TitanPride, your acting like a fool. Being called "playboy" is not an insult, and he was giving his opinion just like you were. Your the one who ATTACKED someone. THATS my opinion.

Your "flav, Flav" comment is an attack, as was your first post. I dont care if you have a MILLION post, its not neccesarry.

Playboy is comparable to "dude", or homey, or Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back