Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get our interest in David Givens. We have Drew but I think we have a #1 in one of the guys on the roster already, not Tyrone Calico.

I'd like to see us draft a big slower possesion type receiver who can get up there and beat the pacman jones type CBs in the endzone.

KamikaZ said:
This really is a talent-starved market if a player like Givens is demanding at least $20 Mil...

I like him for $20 mil .... over 7 years

Givens is barely in the top 50 at his position :ha:

anyone realize that he had 1 more catch for the same yardage as Drew last year. he ranked 23rd in the AFC

we better not give him more than $20mil over 6 years
2 words come to mind ..... "incentive laden"
if he can't handle that, let him go back to NE - where he said he was going to stay after the Browns debacle

Titans Offer 5 yrs 24 mil with about 10 mil guarranteed and NE wont match titans offer i dont know how true this is because i saw that .......bongo......posted......it at......titanscentral.net and i dont know if hes legit or not

When talking about the numbers he had at NE it is not really fair to compare him to anyone else. They spread the ball so much there that for him to put up good numbers is outstanding. I think he has the POTENTIAL to come in, be a deep threat, and improve our hurting passing game....GET HIM!

NYTitansFan said:
Titans Offer 5 yrs 24 mil with about 10 mil guarranteed and NE wont match t

hell, if you're going to do that much (offering him 24 when he wants 25), they should have just offered him 25

I like the sound of 10 guaranteed

which could mean that he could have a
1st @ 1.75
2nd @ 2.25
3rd @ 2.75
4th @ 3.25
with an option for a 5th ?

that would be ok

Him playing in New England's offense makes him more productive than he'll ever be in the Titans offense. Don't overpay, I would have rather had Andre Davis.

He plays for the pats, who have a TON of options and spread the ball a lot. He's not the number one receiver. I think his stats are impressive. I'd love to get him, makes our receiving core solid while we wait for one of the picks from last year to develop as a #1...

Please do not let that report of 5 years 24 million be true. To much for a second tier wr. We just get out of cap hell and deals like this could put us back in. Remember Thigpen and Pickens, this team has not done well with free agent wr's. If we like this guy that much why did we not workout a deal with Mason. To me they are the same except that givens is a poor man's Mason posession reciever that is not worth that much dough.

You know, we complain about Thigpen and Pickens, but our luck at drafting WRs hasnt been that good either... Mason being the only exception.

nigel said:
You know, we complain about Thigpen and Pickens, but our luck at drafting WRs hasnt been that good either... Mason being the only exception.
I liked me some JMAC...he was a 2nd rounder wasn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back