Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they're thinking a guy like Givens will make a guy like Bennett more productive. That's okay. I do worry about the 2nd years' development, and kind of wish we were bringing in a lower tier (cheaper) vet like last year. They were probably on the right path with the Troy Edwards approach. Nate Burleson is a guy who might shake loose a little further into the offseason. I know he's got an injury he's coming off of, but that would be my approach. They should have gone after Jurevicius. He would have been ideal IMO - can rise up to the occasion when needed, but can also accept a 3rd-4th WR role as well.

thnom said:
I'd like to see us draft a big slower possesion type receiver who can get up there and beat the pacman jones type CBs in the endzone.

Um, like Drew? (Big...slower...possession WR...jumps like a kangaroo on speed?) I think D. Givens is a bit faster, and those two SB rings will go a LONG way in a locker room. IMHO, he's a #1 from the start here...

I am not saying I would pay a lot for Givens but everyone who says "we have bad luck with free agent WR's so we should not sign one" is crazy. You can't just not touch free agent WR's because some didn't work out. That doesn't mean another one will not work out. That is part of the game people. Some times you get burned, other times it works out. We have a need at WR and I don't blame the FO for wanting to fill it with a free agent. Just because we got some busts a over 7 years ago doesn't mean we should stay away in 2006.

http://www.titansradio.com/2004news/news705500.html

SK, Max... that's all true about JMAC.
I thought the guy was great and I hated seeing him go.
The trade had it's upsides but it seems #83 has got a case of chronic broken hand syndrome... let's hope that is in the past... I'm still missing JMAC though.

Sometimes I wish they could have dealt Bennett instead.
Bottom line...great pick. So good we couldn't keep him.
That's all I'm really saying.

Givens rejected $18.5 Mil from the Texans?

Mr.T.jpg

I PITY 'DA FOOL OFFER ME 18 and a half million dollars!!!

He turned it down cause his only Likley To Be Earned incentive bonus was QB fumble returns for TDs.

For the slow folks out there this is a dig on Carr and the cow OL cause you see Carr routinly gets drilled and Givins is more likley to score returning one of Carrs fumbles than catching a pass from the vertically challegened QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back