Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports the Tennessee Titans will meet with free agent WR David Givens (Patriots) Monday, March 13. Agent Brad Blank confirmed the visit.

WR Givens to Make Visit to Titans

SUMMARY: Patriots WR David Givens is supposedly on his way to Nashville after leaving Houston without a contract after a visit there today. Givens, one of the prime free-agent prospects, wants $25 million over five years. Late Saturday night, the Texans said Boston-based agent Brad Blank informed them that Givens was going to re-sign with New England but he made the trip to Houston as scheduled Sunday morning.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

considering we got Drew, T-Cal, Jones, Roby and Williams. Do we need Givens, although it is possible that T-Cal could be gone after this year.

Yes we need Givens. More leadership for the three rooks from this year. He will be good opposite Bennett. Even though I like him, and want him to prove himself and stay with us, Calico will find a way to get hurt again.

Well, no question is abilities and experience would be a gain, but $25mill over 5 years just to tutor rookies (if we're assuming they will be our future WR's) is a little much isn't it?

Of course, if Calico doesn't come around, we'd have Givens, Bennet as #1 and #2 and Roby, Jones and Williams could fight for the #3 spot.

From ESPN:
His receptions total has improved every season and his quickness, double-move skills and size are impressive. It's notable, though, that he never has played a full 16-game schedule, and there are questions as to whether he can be a No. 1 receiver.

Not worth 5 years - $25 million :sad2:

We are lacking a #1. Bennett I don't think is a true #1 and is not capable of being an impact reciever. I don't think Givens is an impact either.

Maybe Calico could surprise us all.

He made around what Hartwig made this past year. That would be quite a jump. He is in no way worth that amount yet. I'd give him less, but I would probably wait until he went through all the other teams first. If he's gone, fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back