Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I'm not sure about this. I would rather have the guys here battle it out for the spots. And that is adding a guy where the three amigos would loose reps and experience. Not worth the cash. Look at our luck with other FA WR in the past. Pickens and Thigpen nothing good camefrom them.

Doubt we seriously go after him with a price tag like that. I do like Givens, but whoever gets him I bet will pay too much for him.

I don't think we have a THAT bad of an offense to spend what Givens want. I'd rather spend money on the building of solid defense - defense is what we need now.

I think hes a decent option considering bennett and calico are both free agents after this year. we wont get anything from jones this year either. i dont mind him for a deal similar to thornton's.

Agree. That's too much to pay for him.
Let Roby and Roydell keep getting playing time. When Brandon Jones is back it'll be even better. I don't think Givens is a #1. NOt sure Jones, Roby, or Williams are either, but save the $.

I don't think that Jones will contribute much this season, the key is to get him back to 100%. We dont need another Calico incident by coming back at 80% and being no good for 2 years.

What he wants and what he gets are 2 different things. 18.5 is all that's on the table right now. He's shopping.

Calico IS a bust. He has bad hands even forgetting about his bum wheels. Brandon Jones most likely won't return to his early '05 form until 2007. Bennett is not really a number 1 receiver. That leaves 2 rookies, one of whom broke his hand last year, to try to get it going. I don't see anybody on the receiving corp rising to the occasion to be a number one.

Now, IMO, Givens has question marks himself about his #1 potential. I agree with TJ, NO WAY is he worth 25 mil for 5 years. I'd go 20 for 5 with option extension at 3 yrs. That's about it.

Too bad TO is such locker room poison.

if you are going to give someone 5 mil a year.........give T.O a 1 yr/$3mil with a $2 mil signing bonus and throw in some incentive and CONDUCT goals.I am sure fisher and mac can deal with him.

From the Boston Globe's Reiss' Pieces blog

"Givens was scheduled to tour Nashville on Monday night to get a feel for the city. Blank said the plan was for he and Givens to reconvene Tuesday morning to discuss his contract options."

Read the rest of the tidbit here.

Lot of money being thrown at Givens. He should and Thornton should help with the locker room having both played on solid SB contending rings.

At 5' 11", I'm assuming we'll use him in the flats and slants. Honestly, I'm lukewarm if he actually does sign. I'm believing in Reese and Fisher on this one.

He has a career average of 14 yards per catch, it was only 12 per catch last season. But he has had 2 straight seasons of yards over 700 which isn't too bad considering that type of offense New England run and that Givens was not their #1 last year. (and not bad for a 7th round pick)

It is obvious Givens was a priority for the Titans and that is enough for me. I feel he is very "mason-like". I can't remember which magazine it was, I think TSN, but they had suggested Givens as the best FA out there for the Titans to sign a few weeks ago. I think that while we have good young talent at WR, we need some vet leadership and someone who is good at route running. Givens certainly is that and is also a good blocker. I like this signing if it happens.

TO? No thanks. Do you honestly think TO wants anything less than a huge contract to play in a small market town? If Andy Reid and McNabb can't handle him, what makes you think McNair and Fisher could? He would be the worst thing for a young team, imo.

VolnTitan said:
TO? No thanks. Do you honestly think TO wants anything less than a huge contract to play in a small market town? If Andy Reid and McNabb can't handle him, what makes you think McNair and Fisher could? He would be the worst thing for a young team, imo.

Believe it or not, I think TO, because he has generated a little interest may be humbled and actually may have learnt his lesson.

Of course he and the scumbag known as an agent will pedal that crap to any team looking at him, but one more problem with him and he may never play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back