Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very concerned about where Gregg will be after this season. He's not going to stay an assistant, nor should he. If Munch is really selling this defense as "Gray's D", I'm worried we might keep Gray and let Williams walk. That would be a horrible mistake.

Well I hate to break it to you guys but I'd say it's highly unlikely Gregg is here next season. After the way he (err.. ahem... Jerry Gray) turned around our defense teams are likely going to be coming at him hard for DC. And like RockyTop said I can't see him wanting to stay an assistant. And since our defense is playing so well, and Jerry Gray IS technically the defensive coordinator I just don't see Munch firing him and giving the job to Williams.

I think the most likely scenario is Williams is our DC next year and Gregg is a DC somewhere else. The bright side is hopefully Gray learned a thing or two from Williams and can keep this defense on track.

GW will be DC after this season is over ... anyone that thinks Munch is too 'loyal' to a coach is wrong. His history here as HC shows that he don't care 'bout firing no coaches haha

GW will be DC after this season is over ... anyone that thinks Munch is too 'loyal' to a coach is wrong. His history here as HC shows that he don't care 'bout firing no coaches haha

That's what we're hoping for, but Coaches are more loyal to their assistance than you may think. Munch is calling this "Gray's defense", and I could easily see us keeping Gray and letting Williams go. I'll be devastated if that is the case.. we'll go back to being that mediocre defense of 2009-2012.

And if you don't think our franchise would do such a thing, you haven't been a fan for long enough :p

That's what we're hoping for, but Coaches are more loyal to their assistance than you may think. Munch is calling this "Gray's defense", and I could easily see us keeping Gray and letting Williams go. I'll be devastated if that is the case.. we'll go back to being that mediocre defense of 2009-2012.

And if you don't think our franchise would do such a thing, you haven't been a fan for long enough :p

I'm just saying that since MUNCH has been the HC, he really hasn't had a problem with firing coaches and trying something new. Not to say that its impossible that he will choose Gray over Williams, just saying that we aren't talking about fisher here

Been a fan since they 1st came to TN btw

If he didn't fire Gray after fielding the worst defense in team history last season what makes anyone think he's going to fire him this time around? I just can't see Munch pulling the rug out from under Gray like that.

Been a fan since they 1st came to TN btw

I'm not questioning your fandom whatsoever. Just making it clear how many questionable decisions our franchise makes year in and year out.
shame.gif

every damn time we run a "gray play" we get burned. 3 man rush, 8 in zone. and we give up huge gains. if GW leaves the organization i'll be pissed. it'll also mean....

Who came up with the idea that Williams is gone after this season and why?

Does it matter what his title is if his role is the same and he's getting paid good money? How does coaches pay work out? Is there a cap?

I'm very concerned about where Gregg will be after this season. He's not going to stay an assistant, nor should he. If Munch is really selling this defense as "Gray's D", I'm worried we might keep Gray and let Williams walk. That would be a horrible mistake.

I think we have to make it deep in the playoffs before GW is given a head coaching job. Right now the job he has is basically higher than a DC.

He is my favorite member of the team. Even over all of the players. It's amazing how quickly he turned around one of the worst defenses from last year. This defense is extremely fun to watch, and should keep us in most every game.

Does Williams stick around next season if he isn't THE DC..?

Doubtful. Teams will be offering him better jobs and pay as an actual coordinator. We'll have to decide between Williams and Gray, and I'm worried we'll make the wrong choice.

Maybe Gray will be asked to take the Texas coaching job, heard that Earl is pushing his name around. One can hope can't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back