Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who came up with the idea that Williams is gone after this season and why?

Does it matter what his title is if his role is the same and he's getting paid good money? How does coaches pay work out? Is there a cap?

I'm not saying he'll be a head coach, or that we couldn't afford to pay him. Here's the scenario I see:

>Our defense plays well all year, we get between 8-11 wins.
>Other teams needing defensive help reach out to Williams about being their defensive coordinator
>Williams decides that a job as an actual coordinator with total control is better than being an assistant behind Gray
>Munchack insists that our defense is "Gray's defense", and lets Williams leave.

inb4 Munch will fire Gray and keep promote Williams to DC
I wish this to happen, but I'm skeptical that Munch would actually let Gray go.. Our franchise has a history of blowing these types of decisions.

I think Williams is a great DC but it's too soon for anyone to consider hiring him as a HC. Sure he could get interviewed, but I think the league would not like to see him get a head coaching job next year.

However, if the defense is great but our record falters, this might be the only place he might get a HC job next year if Bud were to clean house. I also think there is zero chance that even IF Williams was calling the plays that Munch would tell anyone during the season.

I think there is another way to keep Williams though I think I only saw it once before, but it's possible. Williams and Gray could become Co-DC's and they could pay Williams as substantial salary. Unlikely, but possible. Other way to do it would be to pay Williams like a DC but leave his title as it is to save face. Williams is worth the cost!

My .02 anyway. It's also possible that Munch says it's Gray's D but after the season, gray gets a job somewhere else and Williams is promoted to DC.

I'm not trying to make enemies here. I love reading most of y'all's posts. I like your opinions. Just talking football. Titans eternal is an assclown though.

Williams needs to be promoted to co- head coach and defensive coordinator. Grey needs to coach the defensive backs or join Fisher. Funny if going back to the Titans old blitzing ways were one of the only things Grey and company had to do last year like this, maybe we win more than 6 games.

Bernard Pollard and Moise Fokou were two of the best defensive signings of the year along with the hiring of Williams. Munchak may have a future in the NFL just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back