Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/...ternet-privacy-rules-from-obama-era.html?_r=0

Republican senators moved Thursday to dismantle landmark internet privacy protections for consumers in the first decisive strike against telecommunications and technology regulations created during the Obama administration, and a harbinger of further deregulation.

The measure passed in a 50-to-48 vote largely along party lines. The House is expected to mirror the Senate’s action next week, followed by a signature from President Trump.

The move means Verizon, Comcast or AT&T can continue tracking and sharing people’s browsing and app activity without permission, and it alarmed consumer advocates and Democratic lawmakers. They warned that broadband providers have the widest look into Americans’ online habits, and that without the rules, the companies would have more power to collect data on people and sell sensitive information.

I'm sure Net Neutrality will be next.

Republicans don't want to get involved in your life. Until your life stands in the way of their political interests of course.

Privacy should be one of the biggest issues on Americans minds right now. It amazes me how few people seem to actually care.

Republicans don't want to get involved in your life. Until your life stands in the way of their political interests of course.

Until gets in the way of their lobby dollars. And oh gay marriage, abortion, bathroom bills, etc etc. I would say they want to get involved in peoples lives quite a bit.

Don't do anything wrong over the internet and you don't have anything to worry about right?
Insurance companies be like...

SoQrjoX.png

uh, no

i started a thread on the same thing like 3 years ago when Verizon set this in motion

i bullshitted you because you think trump actually had a hand in this, it's laughable

He can veto it, the bucks stops with him. Or at least use too before reality TV took over our government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back