Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mixed feelings about adding two more playoff teams per conference unless they want to do away with the bye week for the top two records (1 v 8, 2 v 7, etc.) and have everyone play week one.

I would not add any new franchises. Talent is spread out too much as is.

If Goodell wants to do something which would make him a god to the fans, he'd remove preseason games from season ticket packages and allow teams to play them in non-NFL cities or countries at a discount rate.

If Goodell wants to do something which would make him a god to the fans, he'd remove preseason games from season ticket packages and allow teams to play them in non-NFL cities or countries at a discount rate.
I like that idea a lot. Send the guy an email.

Actually better idea; write the email, print it, wrap a brick with it, then mail it to me. I'll be near his office in New York City next week, I'll be sure he gets it.

All this is gonna do is increase his profits and make a higher chance that an 7-9 team wins the superbowl.

No more hitting
No more kick-offs
No more touching the QB.

Pretty soon every player will have assigned stationary positions while the ball is in motion. No moving! No Touching! Just wait till the ball stops and we'll mark it down! Dammit, I said don't move! Personal foul, you're fined and going to anger management!

I think the nfl crowd is going to start dwindling. Who the hell is gonna wanna watch baseball with pads on?

adding 1 more WC would make winning the conference, which the Titans have done twice, more meaningful as only that team earns a bye week in the POs. I agree the bye week sucks.

I would be in favor of this PO expansion and I want too do away with 2 preseason games. Expand the gameday rosters for the first 2 weeks of the season and make those games count in the standings.

As an aside I would like the preseason record too be the first tiebreaker in any PO scenario. I loath the exhibition games and would like them too mean something, anything.

Here's what you do...

Expand roster to 70. Do away with preseason. 20 game regular season BUT players can only participate in 16 games in a season.

Preserve the individual records and eliminate pre-season. WIN-WIN.

And make coaching choices deciding when to activate players matter. WIN.

and 10 home regular season Titans games a year!

Here's what you do...

Expand roster to 70. Do away with preseason. 20 game regular season BUT players can only participate in 16 games in a season.

Preserve the individual records and eliminate pre-season. WIN-WIN.

And make coaching choices deciding when to activate players matter. WIN.

and 10 home regular season Titans games a year!

I actually kinda like this.

I can tell you are a man of great intelligence.

I know, it's pretty real awesome. And having a good serviceable 2nd QB would be soo important.

So.. they want to get rid of kickoffs.

They might as well get rid of punts too. You can't have a punt return without "holding" or "block in the back" on every fucking punt. It's completely useless to try and return a punt, save 10 yards by fair catching everything. So fucking stupid.

I for one will probably just stop watching when it becomes flag football - which it is quickly becomming.

Football without big hits is not football

Yeah right. Can you imagine Kenny Britt living in Vegas. He gets in trouble in NASHVILLE.

I said a team would kill. Put a stadium right off the strip(Sam Boyd is way too far from the city). There would be a lot of players getting in trouble though. But the city would undoubtedly support a team.

I said a team would kill. Put a stadium right off the strip(Sam Boyd is way too far from the city). There would be a lot of players getting in trouble though. But the city would undoubtedly support a team.

Really? I see the opposite. Who goes to Las Vegas: tourists. How many of the actual residents would adopt that team?

Vegas has been hit harder by the recession than just about anyone. Except Detroit.

I can verify this, I visited a friend that lives 10 mins away from Vegas in the summer and the job market was weak, a ton of foreclosures, and banks driving housing value down. Nashville has a higher population than Vegas by the way, and our market is growing, Vegas is shrinking.

Rodge is definitely 'pu**ifying' the sport - but I'm not really sure he's got a choice, the NFL could easily disappear under a slew of lawsuits if it was kept the way it was under Paul.

I would definitely prefer a somewhat 'reduced' NFL, if you will, then to no NFL. But with regards to the word 'reduced' its got limits - by talking about removing kickoffs and such, that's just too much.

I feel the way it is now is fine. They removed all those helmet hits, defenseless player hits, huge blind-sight blocks, I won't lie, in the end it made sense.

I mean those hits were awesome but it got the point where they really were destroying humans, both their bodies and their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back