Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes no sense to have a 10 page convo then delete it.

I'll look into Deleting permissions for deleting DMs
lol the sense is we can continue and not drain the database

these posts would not exist on taboo anyways so i mean it's either in the DM or not at all, it's not going to be a thread where brick walls can try and have input

Looking now, there is only edit, not delete. So I guess you'll have to use the leave convo setting. I had to disable edit as you continued to unlock the DM three times after this thread was created. Trying to go around the simple rules here is why we can't have nice things :p
honestly i didn't know who was locking it, i didn't see this thread until you tagged me

i thought one of the other guys was trolling me by closing it

View attachment 203

-- as for leaving, that DM is still taking up space even if we all leave it, no? or is it erased if everyone leaves it

these posts would not exist on taboo anyways so i mean it's either in the DM or not at all, it's not going to be a thread where brick walls can try and have input

Actually continuing to delete things like that with 10 pages of content BLOB'd to multi people raises the risk of the database becoming corrupted. So at this time unfortunately I have to say no. Nothing personal, just have to do what's best for the site to run without issues.

honestly i didn't know who was locking it, i didn't see this thread until you tagged me

i thought one of the other guys was trolling me by closing it

View attachment 203

-- as for leaving, that DM is still taking up space even if we all leave it, no? or is it erased if everyone leaves it

Correct it will delete on the last person leaving it. Also each person leaving reduces the size.

No, it takes up more as it tables via BLOB to reach user in the convo, where a new post doesn't. The main point though is we are trying to build a online community here, not a private message service. Taboo is locked down from search index bots and scraping, so anything posted in Taboo will never surface on a search engine.
Thanks for explaining! We didn’t have Taboo over at GoTits. Still a Discord for other purposes, but I don’t see a necessity. Just a few dudes commenting on things not meant for a public forum. ????

There are thousands of other messaging platforms. Move to one of those if it's causing problems here. Pretty simple fix.

We did thanks dad

It's easier to do it in a site we are already on as opposed to more apps
I'm sure every one of you has at least 2-10 apps that have messaging capabilities already.

I don't know how it works and it doesn't seem like a group chat would be a big deal but if Mike had to make a thread, I guess it is. But seemed everyone involved basically wanted to argue why/how to continue it instead of just finding a different means to ramble to each other. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back