Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Anyone catch this quote from Fisher in the Mawae press conference. "The tackles are young and the guard position is up in the air". Does this mean Pillar or Olsen could be moved out and Bell into the starting line up ?

Yeah I think he meant there will be competition for the spots as well. We would in all likelyhood have cut Piller or Olson by now, if we were planning to. And if we don't save any money might as well give them a chance to compete for it.

People forget how well Bell played as a rookie two seasons ago. I think he will be the starter by mid-season, if he isn't at the start.

Olsen and Pillar seem much more natural as G's to me than Bell. Hard to say what position Bell is natural at since he may not have been completely healthy playing RT last year.

I don't think there is any thought at all about moving Pillar or Olson to tackle. Fisher is just saying the guard situation is up in the air, meaning Pillar and Olson sucked last year and will have to win the jobs if they keep them. Also that Roos, Stewart and Loper are all young.

I'm not sure why we didn't just release Olsen instead of keeping him with the new contract if there are any questions about him being a starter.
Also, I think Bell was an OT in college so maybe they are looking for him to win the RT spot.

I'm not going to be surprised if we draft Andrew Whitworth or Ryan O'Callaghan. There could well be a rotation at right tackle this season until someone sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back