Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost included that very name in my last post. I think having him would be awesome. Some minor mention was made of him playing tackle as well, but I wouldn't want to see him lose that mauling ability.

I am confused about Olson and Piller: I thought we would save massively by releasing either of these guys. Olson we extended, but what exactly reduced Piller's savings?

No way...!!

No way they get rid of olson they just signed him to a much smaller contract and piller saves us nothing if we dump him. Why dump a 8th year starting guard who only makes $3.5M?

Fact, zack piller is not over paid.

Fact piller's option was just $250k

Fact we save nothing on the cap by dumping him.

It would be moronic not to keep him for 2006.

Fact olson's current contract is similar against the cap as piller's now. $5m less than it was.

Bottom line is that these guys are too valuable to dump. They are in their prime entering their 8th and 9th season. With the addition of a 12 year center we have loads of experience in the middle of our line. That's good right?

Bell will likely get a shot at right tackle.

Everything is coming together now. Our o-line will be better, our defense will be better and our runningbacks will be much better. If we do draft mario williams watch out!

Puck said:
Guard position up in the air ?

SOLUTION : Max Jean-Gilles

I wouldn't mind it, but I doubt it happens. Just isn't our style recently. We've been drafting OL in the mid-late rounds and developing them (MAYBE THAT'S THE PROBLEM :brow: :brow: ) with the exception of the LT position...Hartwig was a 6th, Olson was a 5th, Piller late 3rd, Bell was a 5th, and even though we didn't draft him, Fred Miller was a 5th rounder.

Anyway I'd take Charles Spencer over Gilles. Just as dominant, just as big, more athletic, his weight doesn't balloon like Gilles' does....he's just a little more raw, but has bigger upside.

Pit Bull #53 said:
We've been drafting OL in the mid-late rounds and developing them (MAYBE THAT'S THE PROBLEM :brow: :brow: ) with the exception of the LT position...Hartwig was a 6th, Olson was a 5th, Piller late 3rd, Bell was a 5th, .

like I was saying .... time to get one earlier

the ONLY reason why these guys even somewhat resemble offensiive lineman is due to Munchak

I care not to draft another project

I'm with you there...there's a reason they say "games are won and lost in the trenches." I wish we'd start drafting the higher rated OL and have Munch make them great instead of drafting low-round duds and having Munch make them "passable."

We aren't going to cut any guards. Only way Pillar isn't on the team is if he is included in a draft day deal. Like if we wanted to move back into the 1st to grab our RB of the future trade Pillar and Brown to the team instead of giving up draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back