Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
But he didn’t last year and won’t this year because the MVP is a narrative award. Just like how LeBron should win it pretty much every year in the NBA if you’re talking about who actually deserves it.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Derrick Henry is the only 2000 yard rusher that didn’t have a pro bowl lineman. Also, through 6 games, only two other running backs have had more rushing yards, and that’s Eric Dickerson and Jim Brown, those two names speak for itself.

But he didn’t last year and won’t this year because the MVP is a narrative award. Just like how LeBron should win it pretty much every year in the NBA if you’re talking about who actually deserves it.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Derrick Henry is the only 2000 yard rusher that didn’t have a pro bowl lineman. Also, through 6 games, only two other running backs have had more rushing yards, and that’s Eric Dickerson and Jim Brown, those two names speak for itself.
Agree almost entirely but you’re fighting an uphill battle.
Not only does the league have the biggest boner for QBs all the time, they seem to have a large boner for Lamar Jackson. If he keeps winning, almost regardless of his play, NFL gonna give it to him.

That’s also incorrect about his totals through 6 games. He’s #5 (posted in the Henry x3 thread) of at least the other 2K rushers including himself just last year. (He was at 800 even, he’s at 783 currently).

I didnt look up non-2K rushers on where they may be after 6 games, JB might be there and Dickerson’s rookie year may be, not his record year.

Derrick Henry reached 21.8 MPH on his long TD run last night. Fastest of any RB this year, and his fastest in his career.

So somehow, DH22 has managed to get bigger AND faster this year.

Not to jinx it.. The thing that is awe inspiring to me about 22 is his durability. He should simultaneously be our starting RB and our S&C coach.

MVP most times is on a championship team

not always but mostly
Last SB champ to win MVP was Kurt Warner 99'

Close calls all lost SB:
01' - Warner
07' - Brady
09' - P Manning
13' - P Manning
16' - Ryan
17' - Brady

Although it should be noted the announcement is before the SB and supposed to only take into account regular season play.

Edit:
98' Terrell Davis - SB champ
96' Brett Favre - SB Champ
94' Steve Young - SB Champ
93' Emmitt Smith - SB Champ
89' Joe Montana - SB Champ
86' Lawrence Taylor - SB Champ
82' an embarrassment to the league - K Mark Mosley - SB Champ
78' Terry Bradshaw - SB Champ
68 ' Earl Morrall - SB Champ
66' Bart Starr - SB Champ

Last edited by a moderator:
well I said championship not SB champ

clearly in modern times they might as well have TV talent show voter polls...

as for ignoring postseason play... farce.

Even if the Titans barely get in as a wildcard team, I feel like if Henry put up a historic season such as 2,000 yards and 20 TDs (I think has only been done one time in NFL history), which he is on pace for both, the league would be forced to crown him MVP no matter bad they want to give it to a QB.

Derrick Henry is already making a case for greatest running back since prime Adrian Peterson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back