Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the Titans barely get in as a wildcard team, I feel like if Henry put up a historic season such as 2,000 yards and 20 TDs (I think has only been done one time in NFL history), which he is on pace for both, the league would be forced to crown him MVP no matter bad they want to give it to a QB.

Derrick Henry is already making a case for greatest running back since prime Adrian Peterson.
Terrell Davis has 21 TD and won MVP in 98’.
Next highest TD total with 2K is Henry last year with 17.

An argument can almost be made that THill struggling a little really helps Henry's MVP case.
I think when he surpasses 2K again and possibly reaches 20 TDs, he will absolutely be in the MVP conversation. Last year, he generally seemed overlooked between Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady conversations.
I suppose but Henry was a beast last year and Tannehill wasn't this bad.
He is the motor that drives this team, he motivates his teammates, he's a team first guy. When Tannehill is on yes Henry benefits more but when Tannehill isn't, Henry steps up.
That 76 yd run proves that...
he is the optimy if a MVP

I suppose but Henry was a beast last year and Tannehill wasn't this bad.
He is the motor that drives this team, he motivates his teammates, he's a team first guy. When Tannehill is on yes Henry benefits more but when Tannehill isn't, Henry steps up.
That 76 yd run proves that...
he is the optimy if a MVP
I already thought Henry was MVP but it takes convincing to the QB nut huggers that vote.
I’d much rather THill improve which I think improves chances of winning games than Henry stand out more as a MVP candidate as much as I think he already deserves it.
The other part is that I think this site MAY be biased in the overall outlook.

I already thought Henry was MVP but it takes convincing to the QB nut huggers that vote.
I’d much rather THill improve which I think improves chances of winning games than Henry stand out more as a MVP candidate as much as I think he already deserves it.
If AZ keeps winning Murray will get the MVP...or the NFL loves them some Lamar Jackson
I agree Tannehill needs to get going!
I'd much rather that then have Henry as MVP on a one and done playoff team.

It's like a non power 5 in college football. They literally still have to go undefeated two seasons in a row to make the championship despite the fact that the committee insists only the current year counts. Total B.S. Running backs have to put back to back seasons together. But I think, if he does, it's a no brainer win for Henry. Put your money on him now. He's a museum of awesomeness.

I think he has a legit shot at MVP this year. If he goes back to back 2000+ yard seasons, then it would be a travesty if they give it to another QB.

There isn’t one QB this season that will do anything close to as historic as what King Henry has a shot of accomplishing this year.

I think he has a legit shot at MVP this year. If he goes back to back 2000+ yard seasons, then it would be a travesty if they give it to another QB.

There isn’t one QB this season that will do anything close to as historic as what King Henry has a shot of accomplishing this year.
Henry is 2/2 for TD passes thrown...is he an MVP favourite now?

It's a quarterback league so it would be tough for him to win unless he breaks Eric Dickerson's record or ladamien tomilson td record

I could care less if Henry gets 2000 yards, or wins MVP. I'll take all the TDs he can get and I'd be fine with Henry giving up some carries down to the red zone. With Evans healthy and McNichols playing well we can sub for Henry a little more especially early in the game (either of those guys can catch short passes in place of running the ball and we can use more play action when Henry is in the game).

I was watching the brilliant Buck Reising explaining how Henry needs to 1st half carries to wear down the defense but early in Henry's career he was an animal in the 2nd half even when he didn't hardly carry the ball at all in the 1st half. They key is to have Henry full bore when the defense is wearing down because it is the 4th quarter. Not saying Henry should not get some 1st half carries but just swap a few here and there.

Thus Henry is more fresh in the 4th qt but also gets a little less wear and tear over the season.

I could care less if Henry gets 2000 yards, or wins MVP. I'll take all the TDs he can get and I'd be fine with Henry giving up some carries down to the red zone. With Evans healthy and McNichols playing well we can sub for Henry a little more especially early in the game (either of those guys can catch short passes in place of running the ball and we can use more play action when Henry is in the game).

I was watching the brilliant Buck Reising explaining how Henry needs to 1st half carries to wear down the defense but early in Henry's career he was an animal in the 2nd half even when he didn't hardly carry the ball at all in the 1st half. They key is to have Henry full bore when the defense is wearing down because it is the 4th quarter. Not saying Henry should not get some 1st half carries but just swap a few here and there.

Thus Henry is more fresh in the 4th qt but also gets a little less wear and tear over the season.
Can’t disagree. We’re going to need his power running to get though AFC championship ship if opportunity arises.

but he just doesn’t get the hype/respect he deserves IMO. National media, ESPECIALLY ESPN never gives any titan team or respect

so I’d like to see him break every record possible to FORCE them to acknowledge. He is the greatest RB I’ve seen in my lifetime.

I still think we're way over using henry. I get it, but at the same time we're toast if he goes down or if he's slowing down near the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back