Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Statistically, second-year CB Reynaldo Hill was the Titans’ top cornerback last year, grabbing a team-high three interceptions, including one returned 52 yards for a touchdown last year against Oakland. But Hill often finds himself in the shadow of fellow corner Pacman Jones who was the first player taken by the Titans last year and the sixth selection overall. "I don’t have a problem with it because that’s less pressure on me," said Hill. "I don’t really have to be pressed to really, really make plays, so I can just go out there and make plays by being normal, rather than having all that pressure." Hill has received praise from his coaches for his work habits this offseason. "He’s unique in that he wants to be the best corner in the league," Coach Jeff Fisher said earlier in the summer. "He’s willing to be taught how to become that and that’s all that matters to him. So, because of that he will be successful. … He’s motivated and driven and wants to learn everything right now. You can’t help but to like that kind of attitude."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

hey TJ, I notice on the front page it said this was a staff report. What does that mean?

Nashville City Paper on the GoTitans.com payroll? :brow:

tc55_256310.jpg

Only God could carve an *** like that.

(this is gonna freak some people out :ha:)

BlazingArrow#9 said:
Maybe Pacman can learn some work ethics from the chosen one.

I think that's a common misconception around. Pacman's problems have never been work ethics, rather his temper and "social ethics" if you can call it that.

Having two highly motivated and talented CBs is always a good thing. Hill played well last year overall. He needs to learn to play the ball in the air better. He was often in position to make a play but didn't turn around, or couldn't find the ball. His coverage, as far as being in position was very good for the most part. He bit on play fakes too often, but he was a rookie. I expect him and Pacman to be a nice starting tandem this season.

Reynaldo for the win!

BlazingArrow#9 said:
I like to hear he worked even harder in the off season. Maybe Pacman can learn some work ethics from the chosen one.
pacman is 3% body fat, so it's not like he's just sitting around waiting for the season to start.

just because reynaldo had some balls air-mailed to him last year doesnt mean he's the better corner. pacman led all rookies with 10 passes defensed.

I also remember Pac sitting around out of position pointing at the guy that was about to score on him. Getting booted by the coach. Yelling at refs then surprise surprise they make "bad calls". If you are a rook and you mouth off to refs you do not get calls.

He needs to learn to shut up and play. No picks and we gave up the most passing TDs of any team. That shows a lack of pass defense. I realize he was on a learning curve and totally not the only problem but when you watch the game on TV the announcers reamed him game after game. For the first 4 game of the season the running joke was "this guy has no right to the name pacman because he is not gobbling up anything but penalties." The broadcast I watch, the guy always made a point to call him Adam.

I saw moments of brilliance but also saw moments of weakness. I am expecting allot out of him this season especially settling down and sticking to the game.

Plus Hill gets 7th rounder money while Pac gets 1st round money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back