Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve asked you to state your opinion. You are forcing me to just base it on what you say. You are bent out of shape because of losing draft picks picks or some such after their rookie deals. Good god man... state what you are trying to say. Everybody thinks you hate JRob. You either do or don’t. But don’t get made when people can’t tell what you are thinking,
See above. I think you’re the only one who isn’t getting it.

This happens when players show a little flash and their current team can't afford to pay more than other teams. Only so much money to go around.

Personally, I liked both players...especially Jonnu...but this isn't like the Mularkey days where the Titans only throw to TEs.. I think he can be replaced.

He will ball in NE if they utilize him like they usually do TE's though.

I said Corey was a bust. To his credit it looked like he improved last season but too little too late. Now we need to get WR to help AJ avoid double coverage.

Davis and Smith are both solid to good players, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they go on to flourish moving forward. With that being said, they’re both replaceable and there was only so much money to go around.

Dude this was never not going to happen. We had very little cap space and needed to improve the pass rush. Jonnu and Davis were gone as soon as the season was over.

Davis was gone the minute we declined his option.

And he chose to sign with the God awful jets of all places. Clearly he was looking for money. No way in hell we were ever going to match that overpay.

Nah both got paid. Good for them. Wouldve been stupid to match them offers. Corey was a good #2 with good blocking. Can't burn anybody though. Also remember there was a couple of games last year he just couldn't catch anything.

Big Davis fan here, but we did some of our best work when he was out 2 weeks early in the season...

Wish him luck in NY, always a class act.

Jonnu and hunter Henry together will be very interesting... would be even more so if the pats had a qb that could hit the broad side of a barn.

A TE to keep an eye on is Kyle Rudolph, Downing was his TE coach in Minny

Rudolph said he wouldn't take a payout so the money could be an issue but he's a good blocker and RZ target

I think with Swain and Firkser we aren't excited about paying much more on a TE which means we might see us also signing Pruitt and maybe seeing what we can get in the draft to develop. With more reps Firkser is going to put up some numbers. The whole reason for letting Smith leave was to save money so they certainly aren't going to pay someone else. If they had the CAP they would have just brought him back.

I think with Swain and Firkser we aren't excited about paying much more on a TE which means we might see us also signing Pruitt and maybe seeing what we can get in the draft to develop. With more reps Firkser is going to put up some numbers. The whole reason for letting Smith leave was to save money so they certainly aren't going to pay someone else. If they had the CAP they would have just brought him back.
Swaim and Pruitt do similar things, I wouldn’t be surprised at all that the #3 TE is a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back