Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopkins Expects to Retire

SUMMARY: 13-year veteran T Brad Hopkins, who the Titans released in March, expects to retire. "My gut would tell me no (I won't play in 2006)," Hopkins said. "I haven't announced it officially, but I'm really leaning towards sticking around here for my family, I've developed relationships with business people around here that I feel like I've can be productive in. Nashville's my home." Hopkins has visited with a number of teams but none appear to be ready to sign the vet. With experience in broadcasting, Hopkins is a natural to go into that direction with the next phase of his life. "I'm just enjoying my options right now, and realizing that I do have (options)," Hopkins said. "In the past few years I've hosted radio shows, and I've done some things in television, just putting my feelers out there. I'm knocking on the door for preparing myself for the next thing, which I think at this point would be a career in broadcasting."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Brad needs to retire. If he doesn't, I don't want to see him as a Titan next season.

With that being said, I'm glad to hear he considers Nashville his home and I think he'll do very well in Broadcasting, he's very articulate.

Get him signed...

He won't cost much now and he can come into camp and see how it goes. If he struggles in camp he can retire then. That's what many older players do when they know they will be cut or beat out for their starting job.

Hard not to think that a 14 year vet could have something to offer this team. Roos may still be the left side guy but hoppy can compete with bell, looper and stewart for the right side.

If we draft Leinart we might want Roos on the right side anyway. Keeping Hopkins one more year would allow him to retire in style while guys like Stewart, Loper and possibly a rookie get another year under their belts.

He needs to retire. Our O-line sucked last year and as much as I like what I'm hearing from him- I can't overlook the fact that he was the veteran leader on that sucky line.

I think it is terrific he has an "intangible" financial opportunity in the Nashville area. I hope it works out for him. IMO, that's the "right way" for a player-community relationship to go in to the next phase. Eddie blew his and Steve should take notes.

The Silver Lining Is...

If he retires and stays in Nashville, it would be no big deal to unretire if Roos suffered a serious injury this season. Seriously though, Hopkins has held himself to high standards over the last 13 years (except for the Wendy's incident) and been a big part of the Titans' success. I hate to see him go and retire, but I do think it is time. He just wasn't impressive last season, but who was on the Titans...

TinyTitan said:
If he retires and stays in Nashville, it would be no big deal to unretire if Roos suffered a serious injury this season. Seriously though, Hopkins has held himself to high standards over the last 13 years (except for the Wendy's incident) and been a big part of the Titans' success. I hate to see him go and retire, but I do think it is time. He just wasn't impressive last season, but who was on the Titans...

What Wendy's incident?

Brad can't really afford to retire. He's still got to pay his ex-wife, Kellie, 1.3 million a year in child support and alimony. It's his own dumb fault for falling in love with a stripper from Vegas, bringing her home, leaving his wife and kids and wanting the quickie divorce without counsel of an attorney.:sad2:

I only want Hoppy back if its a back-up/utility role. He would be a pretty useful guy to have if someone went down with injury, and as a blocking TE in certain down and distance situations.

Hoffa said:
When he slapped around his stripper wife that he "fell in love with".
:sad2:
He was actually choking her in the turning lane on Cool Springs Blvd. Then he pulled into the Wendy's parking lot and that's where the slapping began. I can't truly confirm that she used to be a stripper, but I know she could play one on T.V.

Bottom line, he just got caught. I really don't believe a guy just wakes up one day and starts hitting on his wife. I can be extremely irritating and push guy's buttons and I've yet to be hit. Of course, I've never dated Brad Hopkins....

So sign him then...

You can't tell him ahead of time that he can't start. That depends on how he does in camp in comparison to other players. Tiny makes an interesting point by suggesting that hoppy could be an emergency fill in like gary anderson or neil odonnell. But what if he doesn't want that?

Bottom line is that if we believe he has value we need to sign him. Whatever his role is the only way to guarentee he will fill that role is to have him on the team.

No way I resign Hop. Roos needs the experience so he can be that much better when the Titans are ready for that run in '07 and beyond.

I agree except if we take Leinart RT will be as important or more important than LT. We could let Hopkins play LT until we confident we have an adequate replacement at either RT or LT. Roos is OK either way but what I'm concerned about is the other OT spot.

elfinmagic53 said:
I really don't believe a guy just wakes up one day and starts hitting on his wife. I can be extremely irritating and push guy's buttons and I've yet to be hit. Of course, I've never dated Brad Hopkins....

I dont either, guys who hit wifes/girlfriends/girls in general are not your normal every day person, they have anger issues amongst other things (like being a coward).
Some people can take an irritating girl, tell them to stop, walk away etc. Others just hit em.

stylea.preview.jpg

What's up with this being an everyday term?
What does that say about us humans anyways?
It's a sad state of affairs in any case...

just junk food for thought.:))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back