Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I know this will sound like blasphemy to most. I myself have a hard time saying it. But what about Steve McNair for...... Ray Lewis? They are interested in Steve and we need a MLB.

Impossible. There's no way the Ravens would pick up Steve's salary that's due to him this year. If a team aquires him in a trade then they aquire his salary too. If they wait till he's cut then they can negotiate terms of a new deal.

The Ravens could renegotiate a long term deal with Steve. That would be easy for them. They need a starter for 3 or 4 more years.

But not if they trade for him. They'll have to wait until he's available in order to negotiate a deal with him. A trade isn't an option.

I don't hate Ray Lewis like many do...
I'm not big on the idea of Steve McNair leaving us.

I feel we need McNair.
What does the $ look like in your "proposal"... ?

That's where the answer is... but Volek qb this team?
That's scary.

I would hate see him go to that ugly purple uniform and playing for the Baltimore Titans, Ray Lewis sounds good, but we need more Steve than we need a MLB, Steve gives us the best chance to win the next 2 years, forget Volek and VY or Leinart, but we nned Steve for 2 more years and I think he will be willing to low his cap number to help this win to pull out some wins and at least beat the Dolts, I hate losing with them.

>>>>>>>>

Bayou Titan said:
I know this will sound like blasphemy to most. I myself have a hard time saying it. But what about Steve McNair for...... Ray Lewis? They are interested in Steve and we need a MLB.
OUCH !!!! Ray Lewis................a TITAN? On defense? With Bulluck, Thornton, Haynesworth, Hope, Pacman, LaBoy..............wait a minute while I climb on the bandwagon!:ha:

fitantitans said:
OUCH !!!! Ray Lewis................a TITAN? On defense? With Bulluck, Thornton, Haynesworth, Hope, Pacman, LaBoy..............wait a minute while I climb on the bandwagon!:ha:

You forgot KVB! While it may not be Ray, I think adding one more stud on defense could really sure things up on that side of the ball.

rcarie said:
But not if they trade for him. They'll have to wait until he's available in order to negotiate a deal with him. A trade isn't an option.

This is standard practice in the NFL. Once a trade was made they could renegotiate a contract. Atlanta had a deal on the table for John Abraham before he was even traded. Once the trade talks were allowed by the Titans the Raven and McNair could talk money then and have something agreed upon in principle before the trade would even consumate. A lot of times this is what makes or breaks a deal. A trade is absolutely an option.

I wouldnt mind seeing Ray Lewis on the Titans. But now, the priority is and should be finding a way to keep McNair on the roster. The cap ramifications if we were to consider the deal Ray for Steve would shoot the deal dead.

We're okay at LB now that we have Thorton, a rookie LB or two will be drafted for depth.

Ain't trying to revive this thread but they need to make this happen. Two unhappy players can make a right

Ray Lewis' problem with the Ravens might extend beyond his contract situation. In his first local interview in seven months, the former All-Pro middle linebacker cast a cloud over his relationship with Brian Billick when he declined to give the coach a vote of confidence.
-- Baltimore Sun

Last night Lewis was on SportsCenter and he said basically that if the Ravens arent committed to winning, and if they dont go back to the "D" that worked when they we really good to let him move on. He went on to say that he isnt a 3-4 LB he works best when he roams free with 2 big boys in front of him. He said that he doesnt understand why they have gotten away from a winning formula. I think we have the bigs that he is looking for to keep guards off of him. As much as I love Mac, I would do this trade in a heartbeat.

Delaware Titan said:
Last night Lewis was on SportsCenter and he said basically that if the Ravens arent committed to winning, and if they dont go back to the "D" that worked when they we really good to let him move on. He went on to say that he isnt a 3-4 LB he works best when he roams free with 2 big boys in front of him. He said that he doesnt understand why they have gotten away from a winning formula. I think we have the bigs that he is looking for to keep guards off of him. As much as I love Mac, I would do this trade in a heartbeat.

No way would I want Lewis.

Lewis said it the best, "He went on to say that he isnt a 3-4 LB he works best when he roams free with 2 big boys in front of him."

Without the guys in front he isn't that great. Those big guys on the DL are what made him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back