Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be all for Ray Lewis. It's a deal. I don't like the way he semi blamed the other players on his current team last night for not protecting him, because ultimately, maybe he should be taking bumps for them, but I'd take him. Bulluck and Lewis would be potential ferocity.

Ray Lewis would be perfect for the lockerrom. He brings instant leadership, credibility, and respect. If anyone can get Pacman to straighten up, its him, Ray knows how it is. And Ray is the first person to tell you that you can come out of it.

The Ravens would never trade for McNair. It would be very lopsided. I love McNair to death and appreciate all he has done for this team but if I were picking for the other team I would see him as damaged goods. A good hard sneeze could put him on the bench. Ray Lewis is just as quality of player who is much more durable and has probably more years left. Ray had a shoulder problem that bothered him for 2 seasons but that is fixed. Alot better health record than what McNair has. Ravens would be stupid to do this trade evenly. As for Big men in front of him, I don't think he would mind looking in front of him and seeing Haynesworth's big butt. Mcnair wont last 6 games for the Ravens before injury. Their O line wont be able to protect him enough.

I think you're underestimating Baltimore. With a QB behind center that they had to respect, I think you'd see a lot less pressure and 8-man boxes. Remember, last year in pre-season, many people had them going deep into the postseason (myself included).

Why should Baltimore even try to trade for McNair though ? They will almost certainly get him for a free in a few weeks.

Ewker said:
No way would I want Lewis.

Lewis said it the best, "He went on to say that he isnt a 3-4 LB he works best when he roams free with 2 big boys in front of him."

Without the guys in front he isn't that great. Those big guys on the DL are what made him.

Ummmm he was a perennial pro-bowler and one of the most underrated players ever the years before he got Sam Adams and company. They made him (as well as their whole D) shine, sure. But make no mistake, Ray Lewis would have been a great LB anywhere.

Titans2008 said:
I think you're underestimating Baltimore. With a QB behind center that they had to respect, I think you'd see a lot less pressure and 8-man boxes. Remember, last year in pre-season, many people had them going deep into the postseason (myself included).

Why should Baltimore even try to trade for McNair though ? They will almost certainly get him for a free in a few weeks.

Well, because the longer we keep him, the less effective he could be for them. Plus, they might have to compete with other teams for his services.

Apparently Lewis is again asking to be traded... I wonder if he wants to be in Nashville and hopes the Ravens really want McNair or if Reese has been talking to his agent, wanting him here.

We didn't sign any of the MLB's that were available, so you never know what the FO's thinking is...

According to a Ravens source, Ray Lewis or a representative called team officials 20 minutes before Wednesday's news conference about the draft and asked to be traded.
-- Baltimore Sun

Just let me fantasize.

Vigsted said:
Apparently Lewis is again asking to be traded... I wonder if he wants to be in Nashville and hopes the Ravens really want McNair or if Reese has been talking to his agent, wanting him here.

We didn't sign any of the MLB's that were available, so you never know what the FO's thinking is...

I very seriously doubt this is even a slight possiblity. The MLB isn't really on the field enough to warrant the kind of dinero Ray-Ray the Snitch :greedy: would command...:evil:

There is no possible chance that Mcnair could be traded. No team in their right mind would ever pay him $23mil next year which is what they would have to do they they take him in a trade. When you trade for a player you have to pay him what he's gauranteed.... Mcnair will be cut and then he'll negotiate a new contract with a new team. Unless he decides to take 5 or 6 million per yr with the Titans for two more years and I highly doubt that'll happen. See ya' Stevie.

Banshee2 said:
I very seriously doubt this is even a slight possiblity. The MLB isn't really on the field enough to warrant the kind of dinero Ray-Ray the Snitch :greedy: would command...:evil:

With Thornton and Bulluck you could argue we have enough speed at OLB, that we don't need to be in nickel so often...

rcarie said:
There is no possible chance that Mcnair could be traded. No team in their right mind would ever pay him $23mil next year which is what they would have to do they they take him in a trade. When you trade for a player you have to pay him what he's gauranteed.... Mcnair will be cut and then he'll negotiate a new contract with a new team. Unless he decides to take 5 or 6 million per yr with the Titans for two more years and I highly doubt that'll happen. See ya' Stevie.

I'm no cap expert, but I'm sure it's only the $9mill that they have to pay. The other $13mill have already been paid and only exist on the Titans financial sheet for cap purposes.

Vigsted said:
I'm no cap expert, but I'm sure it's only the $9mill that they have to pay. The other $13mill have already been paid and only exist on the Titans financial sheet for cap purposes.

I believe that's correct. He counts the 13 or so against our cap (which he has already pocketed) no matter what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back