Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncle...

Phil simms was drafted in 1979. Not 1983.

Todd blackledge was a first rd 83 pick(7) that turned bust. He did not have a significant career.

We can note that blackledge led his team to a national championship the previous year.

RollTide said:
thew favorite QB for 6 of the so called anal-ysts.

Salisbury and kiper-lienart

Hodge and jaws---cutler

Irvin and jackson-young

Now kiper rated lienart ahead of young but barely he had lienart 3rd overall on his big board and young 4th and you didn't here anything from him that was negative.

I don't like the word hate being used here. Hodge and jaws just don't appreciate what young can do enough. They are all ga ga over guys like manning, brady and palmer and because young doesn't fit that mold they don't appreicate him. History will tell us who is right.

I was impressed about jaws comments and analysis regarding clemons. He made me a believer.

I was honestly shocked to hear - I think it was Hodge - claim that Brodie Coyle was the best QB in the draft. I have to ask you as a Tide fan, what happened to your offense if he was that good? Honest question, because I just don't know. Your offense should have absolutely tore up Tech in the Cotton Bowl - IMO - if Coyle was better than Leinart or Young.

Their best receiver broke his leg. Their offense wasn't much to speak of, but Croyle played very well throughout his entire career (when he wasn't hurt).

I'll admit to not following the Tide much, but it seems they've recruited exceptional talent for the past few years. They also have arguably a good offensive minded coach. Were they really down to 1 receiver?

I saw posted in one of the threads a series of clips of the Longhorn season. So when you mention injury it does remind me how good we had it this past year. In every significant game I think we got at least one to two high quality - concussion type hits on QBs. Blowmar was just destroyed in the OU game. Klatt got his clock cleaned several times. I really think it was literally every game - even Leinart got his. The great part was having VY in the pocket, I never worried about that. He's big - Steve McNair big. He's also very intelligent and can sense the rush. He never lets himself take the big hit. Steve actually tought him alot about techniques to avoid injury. I think this is one thing you will likely enjoy about having VY as your QB. At least I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back