Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
1- Zion Johnson

View attachment 19592

Offensive line upgrade needs to happen either in the 1st round or the 3rd.

The only way I can see the Titans passing on a WR first is if the top-6 all go and or Zion is staring them in the face. Can play pretty much every position across the line but obviously guard is what is most needed. He would be an instant upgrade @ LG and will help Tanny stay up right.

2- Desmond Ridder

View attachment 19593

NFL Network final mock just selected Ridder to the Titans - noting the Titans are the sneaky team no one is talking about who could go QB.

The point of the GM and HC both getting new contracts could signal a new beginning at QB in 2023 as Ridder would sit and learn for a year before trying to get outta that Tanny contract - does make some sense. With big contracts coming up on this roster - it may be time to start new with a rookie deal @ QB

Anyone have a third non-WR option?

Last edited by a moderator:
You hit the right positions. It has got to be one of those 3.
Hard to say which QB they prefer if they go that route. My preference is Howell.

I'd add Kenyon Green and George Karlaftis to the list of non receivers as well.

I think Karlaftis would be a great rotational guy on the edge and inside in year one and can eventually take over for Autry. If the top receivers and OL men are off the board then we might try to just make our pass rush even more elite

You hit the right positions. It has got to be one of those 3.
Hard to say which QB they prefer if they go that route. My preference is Howell.
Yeah, pretty rare for QB’s to fix accuracy issues historically… and Ridder has issues. Hopefully, he is not a Titan. Howell was tremendous his first two years and then recruiting failed to replace the losses leaving him with a shell of his team. Great long ball accuracy and tough as nails. I think if we trade back he may be an option, but don’t see it at 26. Right now OL is the absolute biggest need followed by WR and then CB.

Call me crazy, but if we stick and pick at 26, and if it's not OL/WR, I don't think that's too early for Trey McBride. I know most people have him going early 2nd, but he's an all around TE and would be perfect for us.

Call me crazy, but if we stick and pick at 26, and if it's not OL/WR, I don't think that's too early for Trey McBride. I know most people have him going early 2nd, but he's an all around TE and would be perfect for us.

Was listening to a Titan podcast and the name escapes me he wasn't just some jo-blow talking about the Titans he was a guest and does all kind of in-depth draft coverage. He was saying from what he has heard/gathered the Titans have talked to almost every TE prospect that's available - its no secret they will be going TE at some point. But consensus says this is a deep TE draft where most do the same things ; meaning by the 4th round would seem like the logical time to grab whatever TE interviewed the best or who they like the most that's still on their board.

WR-OL has to be 1 and 3. Much rather wait to the middle to grab a TE - but you may be right - it's all a crapshoot and how the board falls.

1- Zion Johnson

View attachment 19592

Offensive line upgrade needs to happen either in the 1st round or the 3rd.

The only way I can see the Titans passing on a WR first is if the top-6 all go and or Zion is staring them in the face. Can play pretty much every position across the line but obviously guard is what is most needed. He would be an instant upgrade @ LG and will help Tanny stay up right.

2- Desmond Ridder

View attachment 19593

NFL Network final mock just selected Ridder to the Titans - noting the Titans are the sneaky team no one is talking about who could go QB.

The point of the GM and HC both getting new contracts could signal a new beginning at QB in 2023 as Ridder would sit and learn for a year before trying to get outta that Tanny contract - does make some sense. With big contracts coming up on this roster - it may be time to start new with a rookie deal @ QB

Anyone have a third non-WR option?

Guard is the way

Yeah, pretty rare for QB’s to fix accuracy issues historically… and Ridder has issues. Hopefully, he is not a Titan. Howell was tremendous his first two years and then recruiting failed to replace the losses leaving him with a shell of his team. Great long ball accuracy and tough as nails. I think if we trade back he may be an option, but don’t see it at 26. Right now OL is the absolute biggest need followed by WR and then CB.

As of now Brewer/Jones combo-duo seems like an OK stop-gap. But yeah Zion plugged in there would not only be much sexier on paper - would make the most sense. Still be hard to pass on someone like Treylon Burks if he is still sitting right there though - another difference maker who would get this offense over the top - especially instead of a guard.

RT is waaay up in the air too. Dillion doesn’t sound like he’s ready according to Vrabel. And… please don’t bring up the 49ers game. He had Swaim in his hip pocket all day helping out. That really limits our offense. Brewer is below average and misses his assignments and is technically dubious. Don’t know a thing about Jones other than he’s never been a full time starter. OL is the biggest need by a hair over WR. If Woods were 100% I would feel better, but he is probably going to follow the Dupree timeline from last year.

We need to add two OL and two WR and actually a CB because I also doubt our other ACL guy, Farley, will be 100% either. Some holes that the Jones and Skrines and Fitzpatricks of the world won’t and don’t fix.

Someone will trade up to 26, as SOMEONE who is significant caliber will fall.

We won't get a kings ransom, but can probably squeeze out a 2nd round pick.

That is our best strategy. Get your QB of the future in Ridder or Corral, fill the Guard/WR spot in the 2nd (pending details of the trade) or 3rd. - and then use your additional 3rd to take whichever you did not select 2nd round.

All these mocks and assumptions of a G or T in the 1st irritate me -- there are plenty of those that can be had round 3 and make a significant impact on the roster. (ex: Nate Davis)

1. Since 2013, only 1/4 1st round OL remains on the roster. (2013, 2014, 2016, 2020)
2. Radunz is the only 2nd rounder since 2013
3. 2 OL have been taken in the 3rd - Poutasi and Davis.

^ The above is the reason I believe it's either WR or QB in rd. 1

Someone will trade up to 26, as SOMEONE who is significant caliber will fall.

We won't get a kings ransom, but can probably squeeze out a 2nd round pick.

That is our best strategy. Get your QB of the future in Ridder or Corral, fill the Guard/WR spot in the 2nd (pending details of the trade) or 3rd. - and then use your additional 3rd to take whichever you did not select 2nd round.

All these mocks and assumptions of a G or T in the 1st irritate me -- there are plenty of those that can be had round 3 and make a significant impact on the roster. (ex: Nate Davis)

1. Since 2013, only 1/4 1st round OL remains on the roster. (2013, 2014, 2016, 2020)
2. Radunz is the only 2nd rounder since 2013
3. 2 OL have been taken in the 3rd - Poutasi and Davis.

^ The above is the reason I believe it's either WR or QB in rd. 1
I 100% agree our best strategy is to trade down and pick up more picks. I would throw in one of our 4ths too to get a 2nd. The Julio debacle is making me have a stomach ache looking at all the holes we have yet to fill.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t imagine going guard in the 1st. Of the top 40 guards in the league, only 8 were drafted in the first round. That means 32 were drafted Rd 2-UDFA. You can get solid guards anywhere in the draft. Meanwhile, 26 of the top 40 OT were taken in Rds 1 or 2. The later in the draft you go, the harder it is to find a good tackle. Since we don’t have a 2nd, I gotta go tackle over guard with our 1st rounder if we don’t go WR.

RT is waaay up in the air too. Dillion doesn’t sound like he’s ready according to Vrabel. And… please don’t bring up the 49ers game. He had Swaim in his hip pocket all day helping out. That really limits our offense. Brewer is below average and misses his assignments and is technically dubious. Don’t know a thing about Jones other than he’s never been a full time starter. OL is the biggest need by a hair over WR. If Woods were 100% I would feel better, but he is probably going to follow the Dupree timeline from last year.

The thing is they spent a 2nd round pick on the dude. It's time to throw him out to wolves full time and stop hiding the guy. He's already better than Quessenberry was last year, that's apparent. This is his year to take the job.

I'm starting to get sold on one of those guards though - Zion and Kenyon Green now

The thing is they spent a 2nd round pick on the dude. It's time to throw him out to wolves full time and stop hiding the guy. He's already better than Quessenberry was last year, that's apparent. This is his year to take the job.

I'm starting to get sold on one of those guards though - Zion and Kenyon Green now

Agreed

It was expected that Dillion would not do anything year one given the Covid situation in the FCS sub division. He's had a year to learn, let's get him out there.

We need to address the gaping hole at Left Guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back