Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Well if the nightmare scenario comes to fruition and the Jets swap up with the Saints for a shot at Matt. The concensus at three has been we will take Cutler or Young. Now is it just me or does this Cutler thing sound getting a little out of hand? I'm a life long Commodore fan, but Cutler at three? I think he drops. Not Aaron Rogers drops but a Big Ben drop down to at least the Raiders. On the other hand one of the hot topics now is that Vince will also drop. Mario is the flavor of the week so what would we do?

I think we've got at least 4 more flavors of the week to go before even the media could make an educated guess, and "media educated guess" is somewhat of an oxymoron in itself.

Larry Stone said it himself in today's GoTitans.com front page article and I couldn't agree more, " ...none of us have any sense of how they evaluate these guys and what they truly like."

I like to speculate as much as the next fan, and I also really really want to know what the pick is right now, but the unfortunate truth is that speculating more than a month before the draft is pretty futile.

They won't...

Because they don't need to. They might get lienart with the 4th pick.

For some time there we had this mentality that suggested lineart and young would go two and three or vice versa. Seemed in the bank but not only are there now more questions about these guys so many other stud players have emerged. Mario williams blew the combine up! Vernon davis has been awesome. Dbrick has not budged. This kid from hawaii looks like one of the better DT prospects to come out in a while.

You simply cannot ignore the other prospects on the board. There are some serious studs in this draft. I'm almost willing to go so far as to say that lienart, young and cutler don't even belong in the top 5! Maybe mike mayock has it right aside from his obvious illogical love for jay cutler. He ranks young and lineart 9th and tenth.

Either way a #10 QB is going to draft higher than a #5 LB most of the time. The main key to where QBs go is what teams are looking for one. If the Jets are truly in the market for a QB, along with the Titans I bet two QBs are off the board by pick #5.

I also like how you agree with Mayock but then say he is illogical. IMO Cutler could be ranked higher than the other two on some teams boards. It isn't illogical at all IMO.

Sorry to tell you RollTide but after the show Vince Young put up today at his Pro Day Vince will now be taken higher and hopefully by us.

Metal...

Why are you sorry? I want vince to knock the scounts on their butts. I want him to be a compelling pick. Better than some vandy guy with a ringo haircut.

I almost wish we didn't have this QB mess to solve -- it would be so nice to just take D'Brickashaw and know for certain you got the right player without (much) question.

I think that would be brilliant if we had our QB thng settled and we can just take D'Brickshaw stress free.

I don't think Cutler is a #3 pick, maybe not even in the top five. I think that after the glowing reports by Fisher on Young, we will take him at #3, unless Matt impresses him.

Take Young and trade Volek for a 3rd rounder.

LazyManJackson said:
I think that after the glowing reports by Fisher on Young, we will take him at #3, unless Matt impresses him.

Take Young and trade Volek for a 3rd rounder.

Don't forget about the "glowing" reports about Cutler after his Pro Day. And I'm willing to bet that there will be "glowing" reports about Leinart after his.

I hope we can get a 3rd for Volek. I think it'll probably be a fourth or fifth at best.

LazyManJackson said:
I don't think Cutler is a #3 pick, maybe not even in the top five. I think that after the glowing reports by Fisher on Young, we will take him at #3, unless Matt impresses him.
they will probably say the same things about cutler and leinart after their meetings.

Heard an interesting comment on Sirius today by Terry Mccormick..he thinks that if Leinart is there we take him.. and he said that Leinart at worst is like Drew Brees and at best Tom Brady- I'd take that ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back