Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Exactly zero people on this site can answer your question. Few will try, all will fail.

I suspect that players have more to do with this than actual coaching. We have the youngest offensive line in the league. We also have two guys starting that shouldn’t be starters. They’re going to struggle until they just do what they’ve been coached to do.
Don’t disagree entirely. The in game adjustment after NPF debacle was to bench his azz. Why was he ever out there in the first place. The right side of the OL was neglected this off season. And you can’t make a silk purse out of sows ear but it’s on the coaches and RC to recognize how bad that side was before the game.

Exactly zero people on this site can answer your question. Few will try, all will fail.

I suspect that players have more to do with this than actual coaching. We have the youngest offensive line in the league. We also have two guys starting that shouldn’t be starters. They’re going to struggle until they just do what they’ve been coached to do.
Yea, I think it's unrealistic to expect old man Callahan to work a miracle overnight. Sure it will take time, but how much? He certainly needs some new players. I think the O line is a much bigger issue than the quarterback at this point. Levis is certainly a big question mark, but I'm not sure any qb would succeed with this protection.

Yea, I think it's unrealistic to expect old man Callahan to work a miracle overnight. Sure it will take time, but how much? He certainly needs some new players. I think the O line is a much bigger issue than the quarterback at this point. Levis is certainly a big question mark, but I'm not sure any qb would succeed with this protection.
I don’t know… I’m pretty sure Andy Dalton would light it up behind this line. Hahaha!

Some of these self-appointed experts on YouTube who love to use their pause and play buttons to trash Levis are completely embarrassing. One guy showed a still image of a pocket. This is a good pocket. Hits play and the pocket collapses instantly. Later on, he's listing one of Levis' scrambles for a huge gain as a bad play. Apparently, someone was open, never mind the fact that he was under insane pressure and had his head down to protect himself. Constantly pausing the video to show someone is open. Demands that Levis be a robot who never is allowed to be human. Says the tape is way worse than it looked. Not true. Dollars to donuts that guy is a poster on Titans Report, lol.

Last edited:
A follow-up: Yesterday was pretty depressing in general. It doesn't help that I have Ridley on my fantasy football squad. Needless to say my team is cooked this week, even with Josh Allen as my fantasy QB. Last night it dawned on me I was letting this all eat at me a little too much. I can't control anything about what others do or don't do, so I shouldn't get too wrapped up in whether or not they meet my expectations. Just thought I'd pass that along in case anyone else is dealing with the cognitive dissonance between what they may have been hoping for this Titans season verses the reality of it.

I noticed on that first drive, the pass protection was noticeably better. Levis looked good with protection and we scored straight away. Every drive after that seemed to get progressively worse. They concluded the game with 8 sacks. I don't pretend to be overly savvy when it comes to figuring out what the opponent did to adjust. What did they do differently after our first quick scoring drive? It almost seems like our coaching staff struggles with making in game adjustments.
The only thing I can think of that was changed by the D, was score related.

Titans got away from running pretty early. Wasn’t really necessary down 10, but I understand why.
Around the start of the 4th, GB just knew that running the ball was out the window, so the pass rushers just T’d up on the weak OL and earned 3-4 more sacks late in the game.
I think Levis got some happy feet in there as at least 1-2 of those sacks were him attempting to scramble and just finding a defender to tackle him.

A follow-up: Yesterday was pretty depressing in general. It doesn't help that I have Ridley on my fantasy football squad. Needless to say my team is cooked this week, even with Josh Allen as my fantasy QB. Last night it dawned on me I was letting this all eat at me a little too much. I can't control anything about what others do or don't do, so I shouldn't get too wrapped up in whether or not they meet my expectations. Just thought I'd pass that along in case anyone else is dealing with the cognitive dissonance between what they may have been hoping for this Titans season verses the reality of it.
It’s always disappointing to have optimism with what looked like some positive changes only to find out they’ve gotten themselves into the conversation, if not leader, for worst team in the league.

I didn't think they would be that good but I also wasn't expecting 0-3 bad.
I was hoping for 2-2 by the bye.
I was accepting of 1-3.
I did not see 0-4.

I thought we would see a competitive team and week 1 showed promise despite how they found a way to lose. Week 2 was relatively week 1 on repeat, tough loss.
Week 3 was just a scrimmage. No one showed up, no one competed, absolutely demolished in every aspect.
Even if I looked for positives, I’m more inclined to say GB just messed up, not TN did something right.

Hey man we all winners even if the Titans aren’t! :cool:

Some of these self-appointed experts on YouTube who love to use their pause and play buttons to trash Levis are completely embarrassing. One guy showed a still image of a pocket. This is a good pocket. Hits play and the pocket collapses instantly. Later on, he's listing one of Levis' scrambles for a huge gain as a bad play. Apparently, someone was open, never mind the fact that he was under insane pressure and had his head down to protect himself. Constantly pausing the video to show someone is open. Demands that Levis be a robot who never is allowed to be human. Says the tape is way worse than it looked. Not true. Dollars to donuts that guy is a poster on Titans Report, lol.
just cause a guy is open dont mean there is a throwing lane to get the rock to them

giving up my PSLs allows me to NOT be angry thru thursday after a game like this

I feel for the Titan fans that sat thru that heat and the visitors having a bigly time. It is 10+ hours to attend a game and then the money...

5th hottest KO in Titan history yesterday and team rewarded the fans with a complete TR - Turd Rag

The only thing I can think of that was changed by the D, was score related.

Titans got away from running pretty early. Wasn’t really necessary down 10, but I understand why.
Around the start of the 4th, GB just knew that running the ball was out the window, so the pass rushers just T’d up on the weak OL and earned 3-4 more sacks late in the game.
I think Levis got some happy feet in there as at least 1-2 of those sacks were him attempting to scramble and just finding a defender to tackle him.
every time packers overloaded a side in 4Q - either one - they got the pressure and the SAC

Latest posts

Back