Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough call. Tonights performance by Young was legendary. His mentor is Steve McNair. Perfect situation here for him. But if he isn't there, Leinhart is and that wouldn't suck. Back with his favorite OC. Neither of them will want to go to NO.

We are sitting pretty either way.

Young. He has the athleticism, the accuracy, and the poise to be a very, very special player. Like I said, I'm not convinced that Leinhart would ever be a great NFL QB. He reminds me of the Ken Dorsey situation a few years ago at Miami, except Leinhart has considerably better tools and talent. I want a QB that has the tools and talent to be a special player, not a player who had a great deal of success in college.

VolnTitan said:
Tough call. Tonights performance by Young was legendary. His mentor is Steve McNair. Perfect situation here for him. But if he isn't there, Leinhart is and that wouldn't suck. Back with his favorite OC. Neither of them will want to go to NO.

We are sitting pretty either way.

I agree, but i take Vince with no regrets
:)

Like Gunny said in another thread, Young has to get past NO. I'm not convinced that Leinhart is a lock for them at this point.

Take Vince...he has 10x the upside that Leinart has. Leinart is still the more polished passer by far, regardless of tonight, but Young is a dynamic playmaker that should NOT be passed up. The only problem is that the Saints are most likely gonna go with a QB, and could opt to take him instead of Leinart.

It's hard to grade a guy off one game, but Young's scrambling is scary and he clearly had the better game - even if Texas would've lost. In the pros you wonder if he'll always be hurt with that type of game (20 rushes tonight - more than alot of RB), but he was scary vs. USC. If he grades out as be a good enough passer for the pro game - something I can't tell - I'd prefer Young.

I agree with others that I'm not sure Leinart necessarily translates, but gotta admit I can't judge very well. Strange, because he would've likely been #1 pick if he came out last year.

KamikaZ said:
Like Gunny said in another thread, Young has to get past NO. I'm not convinced that Leinhart is a lock for them at this point.

yeah, he wants to take credit for that now, but I said it first

:winker:

Vince freaking Young

it's time to start talking trade with NO

maybe we can give them some scrubs

Well, Leinhart would be under Chow. Young could be mentored by the QB that he's worked with considerably in the offseason. Both will go early. I don't see why any other teams have consierable advangtages over the Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back