Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Hope Cutler has a great week at the Senior Bowl. Maybe he can get some more attention. It sure is a good year for QB's.
I'll take Leinart, he plays in a more conventional offense. He has a lot more weapons around him but He always plays well. Nothing wrong with either QB though. I am happy Texas won.

It seems like I flip flop everyday who I want us to draft. Young seems to have left a good impression on everyone. But let us not forget USC's defense IS GARBAGE. Not taking anything away from his outstanding performance, but lets see what he decides to do.

absolutely, without a doubt... Leinart ! that being said, Jay Cutler is the best QB in this draft... we'd be out of our mind not to draft him at 3.

titansfan9 said:
Vince! He's amazing! Don't hate on him people!

He's now the standard. He's InVINCEable, and I am ConVINCEd.

Careful...you will start sounding like Vince's version of Kimberly...:ha:

Young was dominant last night...but I just hope he is not another running QB who has good college passing skills that does not translate into a great NFL QB...like Kordell, Aaron Brooks, Shaun King and, yes, even Michael Vick.

If he can maintain his passing prowess in the NFL...then he definitely would be fun to have learning behind McNair. But I do believe Leinert will be good if developed well...I think of Carson Palmer as an example of Leinert.

Leinhart doesn't have the physical skills of a Palmer or he would be the no brainer pick. I have no problem with Young but in the NFL he isn't going to get away with the ridiculously poor defensive schemes he faced in college. USC would have been better off telling their DL to not commit so fast, stay in thier lanes and play the run first. Also USC was not real talented at LB this year which really hurt them. A good set of LBs and a better scheme of DL staying in their lanes could have done a much better job of neutralizing Youngs ability to run similar to the way Philly handled Vick in the NFC championship game last season. Also Young never got out of the shot gun. It is hard to evaluate how he will do if he has to handle a straight drop back because NFL teams are not going to want to run the gun every play. Young was impressive enough in his passing ability but I think Leinhart might be better at being able to read defenses and function in a more traditional NFL offense. Leinhart might be ready to play a year or two sooner than Young and if Leinhart was a Titan the transition would be very easy for him.

Interesting. I think NO will take Leinart b/c of their failed Brooks experiment and I think NO will be in LA in 2007- when Leinart would likely start.

I wasn't surprised by Young's performance. He's showed that all year. He looked like McNair out there- burning safeties who cheated up to stop his run and making LB's look like blocking dummies.

I'm concerned about Jets trading w/ Houston to get Young. If he comes out, I hope he gets a good agent who can land him in Nashville the way they landed Eli in NYC.

Climer's article yesterday outlined how we could get Leinart but the same holds true for Young if he comes out.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060104/COLUMNIST0202/601040408/1108/COLUMNIST

Has young ever taken a snap under center or always the shotgun? If a team needs a quarterback to play now, draft Leinart. If a team can groom a quarterback for a couple of years, take Young.

Riverman said:
Interesting. I think NO will take Leinart b/c of their failed Brooks experiment and I think NO will be in LA in 2007- when Leinart would likely start.

I wasn't surprised by Young's performance. He's showed that all year. He looked like McNair out there- burning safeties who cheated up to stop his run and making LB's look like blocking dummies.

I'm concerned about Jets trading w/ Houston to get Young. If he comes out, I hope he gets a good agent who can land him in Nashville the way they landed Eli in NYC.

Climer's article yesterday outlined how we could get Leinart but the same holds true for Young if he comes out.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060104/COLUMNIST0202/601040408/1108/COLUMNIST

if the jets traded with houston i would imagine its for Bush, but if they did for young then we can get bush.

smili said:
It's hard to grade a guy off one game

Most people aren't grading him on one game but yet atleast one college football season. I don't think a guy could get heavy consideration for the Heisman and only have one game to grade him buy. I don't really watch a lot of college football but I heard his name a lot last year and this year. So I don't think you have to grade him on one game. They guy has been great all year.

Just wait til Vince plays a defense like the Bears in the NFL... with linebackers that can run with or past his speed.... then you will see where he is....

Young is on top for now. Some teams will have Leinart ahead of him, and I hope New Orleans or New York is one of them.

The arguments against Young are the same ones that could have been used against Steve when he came out. I don't think Steve is the reason we lost the Super Bowl. I think if we had some other pieces, we could have won (like, say, Moss instead of Dyson). So I think we can win with Young as well. Regardless of what anyone says of their mechanics, Young out-passed Leinart last night.

Also, what impressed me in terms of room to grow with Young, he never looked like he was throwing all that hard. I mean, he didn't need to last night - almost all his throws got to his receivers quickly enough, but imagine when his arms are a little bigger and his mechanics are better. SCARY.

So we'll get one of the big 3, no matter what, and that ain't bad. And if someone wants to trade up and get Young or Leinart, the other goes to NO, and we get Bush, or fall back and take Cutler or whatever. I like sitting at 3, and I would take Young, Leinart or Bush. And if it's Leinart or Bush, before I make the selection, I probably see what team is desparate enough to make a crazy deal - and I still probably take one of them.

Vince Young has all the speed and athleticism
of Mike Vick without the herpes.
5221834_38_3.jpg

What did he mean when he said, "WE'LL BE BACK NEXT YEAR?"
:hmm:

I think Leinart without a question. Leinart has the pocket intagibles that Brady has, and that stuff is what you can't teach. VYoung has the agility that can't be taugh, but he doesn't have the speed to match. I see Leinart as a player who may have shortcomings, but he's a player who knows how to limit those shortcomings. He seemed to have no problems with the deepball yesterday, and the int came from a heads up play by the CB, not a throwing tail off or w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back