Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Number one, I predicted after last season that Brown probably would not be on our roster in 2006. I don't want to repeat what people thought of that comment back then!!!!!
But anyway, if we do not trade Brown, what kind of attitude is he going to be bringing to camp if he does not want to be here? This team had leadership problems last year, we don't need anyone else disrupting the locker room.
If Brown wants to go, we need to trade him for whatever we can get and as soon as possible. We don't need him in our locker room. Just pack up all of his Ace bandages, hot compresses, splints, cold packs, braces, bandaids and <i>excuses</i> and drop him off at the airport.

<u>This message approved by Nash and Payton.</u>

fitantitans said:
Number one, I predicted after last season that Brown probably would not be on our roster in 2006. I don't want to repeat what people thought of that comment back then!!!!!
But anyway, if we do not trade Brown, what kind of attitude is he going to be bringing to camp if he does not want to be here? This team had leadership problems last year, we don't need anyone else disrupting the locker room.
If Brown wants to go, we need to trade him for whatever we can get and as soon as possible. We don't need him in our locker room. Just pack up all of his Ace bandages, hot compresses, splints, cold packs, braces, bandaids and <i>excuses</i> and drop him off at the airport.

<u>This message approved by Nash and Payton.</u>

he hasn't left yet so those comments are valid until he is gone.

Players try to better their situation all the time. Brown is no different. I think Brown will be on the roster unless someone is willing to give up something big for him.

Yeah, I just don't see us trading him either. I think Reese would only do it if someone was willing to overpay for him. And I just can't imagine anyone wanting to give away the farm for Chris Brown.
I hope he can at least play in 8-10 games this year for us and run for 1,000 yds.

MadAboutMcNair said:
Yeah, I just don't see us trading him either. I think Reese would only do it if someone was willing to overpay for him. And I just can't imagine anyone wanting to give away the farm for Chris Brown.
I hope he can at least play in 8-10 games this year for us and run for 1,000 yds.

But, why have a player around if he doesn't want to be there.

It's counter-poductive.

rcarie said:
I could see us getting draft picks for him.... Maybe a third rounder but more likely a fourth.
I think it would need to be significantly higher than what the Titans would get with a comp pick.

this stinks cause chris brown and lendale white, could have been a very effective combo, but since he doesnt want to be here, i dont think he will put up big numbers this season at all

Brown has never ever been anything close to a locker room cancer or malcontent. He could have easily complained about EG getting carries when he was at the end of his career and not as effective. He could have complained about the Titans bringing in Henry last yr. Brown doesn't have the personality to be a major distraction. Honestly I think it annoys Fisher how laid back Brown is and how he is always smiling on the sideline with that I just took a toke grin. Until I actually hear Brown say something negative this is all on his agents.

Brown wouldn't have been a problem....

Or should i say will not be since he is still with us.

This is a contract year for him. It would do brown no good to cause any problems.

Titans2004 said:
He could have easily complained about EG getting carries when he was at the end of his career and not as effective.
sure, he could have, but he would have alienated the entire team because he was rookie third round pick and eddie was the most respected guy in the locker room.

GhostZ said:
this stinks cause chris brown and lendale white, could have been a very effective combo, but since he doesnt want to be here, i dont think he will put up big numbers this season at all

I'm going to hav to disagree with that assesment.
Think about it... If Brown isn't traded it won't be in his interest not to perform. If he sucks this season in Tennessee he won't be worht squat next year ANYWHERE.

I say keep him and pound him to dust! That is unless someone is willing to give us something really good for him.

It's time for you fans to start thinking about what's best for the team. Stop thinking about what's best for the player like what happened duing the Mcnair situation. If you're already thinking about what's best for the team then I ain't talking to you.

I think Brown can put up 1200 yards a season without injuries or hiccups, problem is, we can't rely on that.

If we do end up keeping him, then this year will be huge for HIM, because HE will want to show other teams what he's made of, then see what offers there are for HIM at the end of the season.

Reese at the moment should be thinking about what kind of impact Brown wil have on the TEAM, in the locker room and on the pitch, then we'll see whats gonna happen.

I think trading for Henry was the mistake, he's been useless to us. Brown and White would be great together, I think Brown would be fine with that, he'd get his carries. The concern he has is White may be the future, but Bush and White co-existed, why can't Brown and White?
He's not going to cause problems if he's not traded, he needs this yr, it's his next contract, either here or elsewhere.

Reese's offer was 3 yrs/10 mil, I don't think he'll get much more from someone else, conseidering his injury history and not carrying the full load. what kind of $ was Eddie making in the first few yrs, just out of curiousity?

I don't think Henry is useless. At this point, a 3rd is a little high, but Henry is some very good insurance for us on the bench. The guy can be a good RB, he's had some good years. If Brown had gone down with a serious injury last year, we would have been very glad to have Henry. Payton and Nash don't seem to be able to get it done. He's cheap on the cap, so he's not costing us much, and he has almost no trade value at this point. I don't think there's any chance we get rid of him before next offseason.

Eddie's prime contract...

Wasn't it about $6M a year?

I think brown and his agent are stupid not to take that $10M deal if it is there. That would give him a nice fat signing bonus and a salary about double his current one. It would also mean the end of travis henry in a titan uiniform because there is no way we are going to pay a third string back a million a year.

Titans looking like atlanta?

Soxcat made a very good point on the other trade brown thread. Who cares where the carries come from if it is one guy getting 90% of the carries or 2 or 3 getting them. If we are getting 4 yards a pop or more that is what matters. A combo of brown and white would be very effective along the lines of dunn and duckett in atlanta.

For example let's say we had 400 runningback carries. White gets 59% and brown 39%. White averages 4.1 yards a carry and brown 4.3. White would have 900+ yards and brown almost 700. Brown however would get almost all the receiving work. Both would produce about 1000 yards in total offense.

Of course with young we have a qB comparable as a runner to micheal vick.

I really like the idea of a white-brown combo for the next 3 years if we can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back