Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is bragging? You asked for an example of a veteran player he brought in mid season…
No I didn’t. I said it’s not really a JR thing to bring in experienced players mid-season. And it isn’t. Doing it as rarely as he does, my statement stands. People get all dreamy about trades and signings mid-season and he usually brings in a Mabin not a Howard. What I asked for as an example was an extension mid-year as I don’t recall him doing that.

No I didn’t. I said it’s not really a JR thing to bring in experienced players mid-season. And it isn’t. Doing it as rarely as he does, my statement stands. People get all dreamy about trades and signings mid-season and he usually brings in a Mabin not a Howard. What I asked for as an example was an extension mid-year as I don’t recall him doing that.

The Titans don’t negotiate during the season with any player.

Mid season NFL trades aren’t common for anyone. Not just a JRob thing.

More accurately, his Titan career is pretty much over.
I think JR needs to get some new scouting talent, as it seems he is getting close to maybe 50% effective in evaluating potential. Whether it's injury issues, or character issues, some folks are getting drafted who have no business in the NFL, while the team has big time injury needs- and the carousel goes on. In truth, every team struggles with injuries, but this seems to be a recurrent issue. Evans is just taking up room and salary that should have gone to someone else.

It seems like today’s football players are fragile or something. Back in the day players would get hurt and still play like warriors. Now days, a stubbed toe or a hangnail is practically a season ending event….lol.

Is it just me or does it seems like league wide, there are WAY more injuries than there used to be. And the game is played much softer today than it used to be too.

Didn't Evans get down on one knee like 2 months ago to propose to his longtime girlfriend? Saw that somewhere online. Shocked he didn't shred his knee during the proposal.

It seems like today’s football players are fragile or something. Back in the day players would get hurt and still play like warriors. Now days, a stubbed toe or a hangnail is practically a season ending event….lol.

Is it just me or does it seems like league wide, there are WAY more injuries than there used to be. And the game is played much softer today than it used to be too.
Do you mean “back in the day” when players had other full time jobs that didn’t pay as well as football? Or, “back in the day” when media was limited? Or, “back in the day” when you don’t actually remember if players played through injuries or not?

In the game day thread, everyone talked about how he didn't look explosive at all.

I think the Titans misplayed the IR rules and brought him back too early. He may or may not be able to play in a few weeks, but they can't burn a spot on him with so many other injuries.

With that said, regardless of his health, we don't know how to use small dudes with any consistency and shouldn't invest any real capital in them.

Do you mean “back in the day” when players had other full time jobs that didn’t pay as well as football? Or, “back in the day” when media was limited? Or, “back in the day” when you don’t actually remember if players played through injuries or not?
You know, back in the day when football was played by actual men who gave 100% and didn’t sit on the sidelines when they stubbed their toes.

Back when players weren’t a bunch wussy prima donnas and football was actually a full contact sport. Not the softened up dummied down version we watch today.

One of the few players today that I can think of who plays old school, even after getting a big pay day is King Henry. He’s a throw back type player. If you want to get an idea of what every football player used to look like, he’s a good example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back