Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Here is the article. Panthers surprising everyone with potent offense; Ryan Tannehill's a top-five QB
The quote that jumped out at me:
"In 14 regular-season starts with the Titans, Tannehill has guided the Titans to an 11-3 mark with 3,602 pass yards (257.3 per game), a 31:6 touchdown-to-interception ratio and a 116.6 passer rating, while also running for an additional 258 yards and five scores. Compare that to Patrick Mahomes' production over his last 14 games: 11-3 record, 3,674 pass yards, 28:6 TD-to-INT ratio and 102.3 passer rating, with 266 yards rushing and four scores. Considering all the verbal bouquets scouts, coaches and observers toss at the 2018 MVP/reigning Super Bowl MVP, the football world needs to give Tannehill his due as an elite player."

Tannehill has played really well. He’s easily the best QB we’ve had since the early 2000s. When you watch him and Mahomes play though it’s not close. Mahomes is asked to do way more and does it at a higher level.

Tannehill can be in the top five. It’s still a steep drop off after Mahomes and Wilson though.

Tannehill has played really well. He’s easily the best QB we’ve had since the early 2000s. When you watch him and Mahomes play though it’s not close. Mahomes is asked to do way more and does it at a higher level.

Tannehill can be in the top five. It’s still a steep drop off after Mahomes and Wilson though.

Yup, not even close. Tanne still proving to be a top QB tho. But he ain’t doing what Mahomes is doing

Through the first 4/5 games of this season Mahomes definitely has the edge (it's important ro note that Mahomes played several games last season still recovering from injury, which may explain some of the closeness in statistics).

Unrelated, I will say that so far I'm more impressed this year with Tannehill than I am with Lamar Jackson. I have both of them in a fantasy league, and am close to benching Jackson for Tannehill if he has another performance like last week.

Nailed !!!
Still glad to have Tannenhill here and watching a damn good QB playing for my team.

Through the first 4/5 games of this season Mahomes definitely has the edge (it's important ro note that Mahomes played several games last season still recovering from injury, which may explain some of the closeness in statistics).

Unrelated, I will say that so far I'm more impressed this year with Tannehill than I am with Lamar Jackson. I have both of them in a fantasy league, and am close to benching Jackson for Tannehill if he has another performance like last week.

Just curious what rounds you got them in?

Yup, not even close. Tanne still proving to be a top QB tho. But he ain’t doing what Mahomes is doing
Who cares how fancy it looks, the stats show he’s doing exactly what mahomes is doing. Is Ryan as physically gifted? No. But he’s also not on a team with the 3 fastest guys in the league. Is Ryan “as good” probably not. Can he produce as much, that’s already been a proven yes.

Who cares how fancy it looks, the stats show he’s doing exactly what mahomes is doing. Is Ryan as physically gifted? No. But he’s also not on a team with the 3 fastest guys in the league. Is Ryan “as good” probably not. Can he produce as much, that’s already been a proven yes.

Yea I guess the difference is the absolute Top of the TOP situation. No one here is gonna say they would take Tanne over Mahomes at this point in their careers. The ceiling is still higher with the kid.

This doesn’t take anything away from what Tanne is and has been doing. He’s a top tier QB in his own right and been absolutely MONEY when it matters. No one can hate on Tanne. Matter fact he deserves more credit that’s he’s been given if you ask me. TanneDimes has been the best player on the Titans since he stepped foot in a live game.

And the best QB this team has EVER seen. Fight me.

Top 10, sure, but top 5 im not so sure.

It annoys me to not see his name in top 10 conversations and lists.

14 games is a small sample size though, if he keeps it up for the rest of this season, his top 10 credentials cant be ignored.

Yea I guess the difference is the absolute Top of the TOP situation. No one here is gonna say they would take Tanne over Mahomes at this point in their careers. The ceiling is still higher with the kid.

This doesn’t take anything away from what Tanne is and has been doing. He’s a top tier QB in his own right and been absolutely MONEY when it matters. No one can hate on Tanne. Matter fact he deserves more credit that’s he’s been given if you ask me. TanneDimes has been the best player on the Titans since he stepped foot in a live game.

And the best QB this team has EVER seen. Fight me.

If by “this team” you mean Titans, you can definitely make a case. I would say too small of a sample size to put him past McNair. And he has one less Super Bowl appearance.

But if you are talking about the franchise, he isn’t even close to Warren Moon. A long way to go to reach Moon.

No one is saying he’s as good as Mahomes though. This is the naive trap people get caught into when you’re comparing stats. Comparing his stats to Mahomes is to show how effective Tannehill has been, and that his numbers are amongst the best. Not that he’s better than the guy he’s being compared too.

Have not seen a single person try and argue he’s better than Mahomes. I think most people (myself included) were surprised to see how comparable his stats were when they are side by side. Titans clearly run the ball more and play a totally different style. You wouldn’t expect the stats to be all that similar.

No one is saying he’s as good as Mahomes though. This is the naive trap people get caught into when you’re comparing stats. Comparing his stats to Mahomes is to show how effective Tannehill has been, and that his numbers are amongst the best. Not that he’s better than the guy he’s being compared too.

Have not seen a single person try and argue he’s better than Mahomes. I think most people (myself included) were surprised to see how comparable his stats were when they are side by side. Titans clearly run the ball more and play a totally different style. You wouldn’t expect the stats to be all that similar.
A lot of words to say we agree.

You are the only one in here arguing Mahomes is better lol but yeah....sure whatever you say.
I said a lot of things in that first post.

I said Tannehill could be top five and elite.

I said he was the best QB we’ve had in nearly 20 years.

I said Pat Mahome and Russell Wilson were better.

Do you disagree with any of that?

I said a lot of things in that first post.

I said Tannehill could be top five and elite.

I said he was the best QB we’ve had in nearly 20 years.

I said Pat Mahome and Russell Wilson were better.

Do you disagree with any of that?

No, and no one is arguing that! The article doesn’t even mention Wilson, so why did you? Lmao again you’re creating your own argument.

Im (trying) to point out to you that the point of the article wasn’t to say Tannehill is better than Mahomes/Wilson (which is how you ended your post). In fact I’m saying, you are naively assuming that them comparing stats is them saying one is better/same as the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back