Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, and no one is arguing that! The article doesn’t even mention Wilson, so why did you? Lmao again you’re creating your own argument.
Because I’m comparing three top-five QBs and three elite guys. Saying two of the three are better than the third is allowed.

I addressed the main idea of the article and added my own opinion on top of that.

Good to see we agree.

Because I’m comparing three top-five QBs and three elite guys. Saying two of the three are better than the third is allowed.

I addressed the main idea of the article and added my own opinion on top of that.

Good to see we agree.

Again if the argument were is Tannehill the best QB in the NFL that would make sense. But once again no one is trying to argue he’s on the same level as those guys.

You interpreted the article as “Tannehill is as good as Mahomes and is top 5” and that’s not what it was at all. Reading the comments on Twitter most people are struggling with that concept.

Hard to compare someone like Mahomes to someone like Tanne or even Tom Brady, Peyton Manning etc...

Is Mahomes better than Manning and/or Brady because of the unconventional way he plays? Certainly more exciting than a traditional drop back passer...

The real story is Tanne has played really , really well for the Titans. Even better this season than last, imo. Which I didnt know what to expect, honestly... stats aside, he looks like the real deal and plays like it when it's most needed.

Again if the argument were is Tannehill the best QB in the NFL that would make sense. But once again no one is trying to argue he’s on the same level as those guys.

You interpreted the article as “Tannehill is as good as Mahomes and is top 5” and that’s not what it was at all. Reading the comments on Twitter most people are struggling with that concept.
I’m glad to see we agree on everything in this thread.

You have a good one, homeslice.

THill has been impressive to say the least.
His “lack of flash” along with the regular media coverage the titans typically get has kept him under the radar.

I think part of that is also recognizing that system, talent around, coach, all play a role in the overall success level.
For generalities, THill probably wouldn’t be as efficient in KC, they don’t have the same run game or offensive strategy in general. If Mahomes was in Ten, his numbers would likely drop dramatically because of Henry and the more (than KC) dedicated run offense.

If by “this team” you mean Titans, you can definitely make a case. I would say too small of a sample size to put him past McNair. And he has one less Super Bowl appearance.

But if you are talking about the franchise, he isn’t even close to Warren Moon. A long way to go to reach Moon.
384,400 kms to the moon, yes long way

Tanny is the 3rd best qb in the game... only mahomes and Wilson are better.

Tied with Rodgers but tanny gets the tie breaker for being younger

No cap

12 team snake draft - I had the second overall pick. I picked Lamar with pick 26 in the third round. I picked Ryan T. in the 11th round with pick 122.
FYI, Fantasy points today:
Lamar Jackson: 28.24 (186 Yards, 2 Total TDs)
Ryan Tannehill: 28.56 (364 yards, 4 TDs, 1INT).

FYI, Fantasy points today:
Lamar Jackson: 28.24 (186 Yards, 2 Total TDs)
Ryan Tannehill: 28.56 (364 yards, 4 TDs, 1INT).
Jackson has a late 50 yd run for a TD too.
At that point, dude had 85 yards passing.
Jackson, from a fantasy standpoint, is just an extra RB.
from a reality standpoint, he’s just a RB and mediocre QB.

Everyone forgetting that Mahommes is surrounded by an All-Madden team, basically?

Literally 3 dudes wide open every play, basically. And even his RBs can catch.

Sorry- any QB would look great in that offense. Especially with one of the best offensive coaches in NFL history at the helm.

Some THill franchise stats:
3 weeks ago he passed both Billy Volek and Don Trull in yards to move to 14th with 4110 (17 games).
Before the season ends he should be passing:
Cody Carlson - 4469 (45 games)
Chris Chandler - 4559 (25 games)
Matt Hasselbeck - 4938 (24 games)
Jake Locker - 4967 (30 games)
Pete Beathard - 5128 (31 games)
Ken Stabler - 5190 (29 games)

after that is tall for this season but possible, KC - 6804.

In TD, THill ranks #7 with 35 just passing Don Trull (29), Chris chandler(33), and KFC (33) over the last 2 games.

next up:
VY - 42
MM - 76 , probably next year, maybe even 2 years.

it does pay off to be a “Tanny” though:
TD%
THill #1 - 7.6
Tanney #2 - 7.1

INT%
#1 Tanney/Dave Kreig 0.0
#2 Clipboard HeyZues - 1.1
#3 THill - 1.7

comp %
#1 Tanney - 71.4 (technicalLy James Ritchey was a QB, 2/2)
#2 THill - 70.2

Rating
#1 THill - 116.0
#2 Tanney - 114.9

Give me 5 names you'd definitely rather have in Tennessee over Tannehill for the next 4 years.

My list:
-Mahomes
-Wilson

...and that's it.

Watson? Maybe. Dak? Also, maybe. Josh Allen? no thanks. Murray? nope. These young guys have a high ceiling, but they're nowhere near as stable as he's been since he started here.

He's in his prime right now and it's not a fluke or something he's going to regress from. He's seeing the defense, puts the ball in precise spots, utilizes his weapons very effectively, and is exactly what this offense needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back