Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk, Bill's rocker might be starting to crack.

He went out and spent a fortune in free agency, and then drafted piss poor Mac Jones -- something tells me he's feeling major indirect pressure from upstairs...

Actually they used the post Brady CAP space pretty well and the strategy to go back to two good TEs makes sense no matter who the QB is going to be. My point was pretty simple. Bill and Nick are good buddies so I would think Bill would get an honest assessment of Barmore and not the usual media speak.

I have no idea how good Mac Jones will be and mainly because drafting QBs is a crap shoot. NE didn't want to wait knowing teams like Vikings, Saints and Bucs could take Jones and they thought he was the best QB available at that point. Considering they got him without having to move up wasn't bad. They did move up for Barmore.

The reality is we really don't know. Simons is a DL who had an ACL. RBs have come back horrific ACL injuries' (Gore suffered two different ACL injuries and Willis McGahee had one of the most gruesome knee injuries') and still went on to have real good careers. Not sure we have a reliable track record for Farley's issue.

Reality is, we're 1/1 taking a Top 10 talent near 20th overall... so until we have factual evidence to disprove otherwise... (Farley not panning out and/or his injury complicating) then living in a shell of what if's and caution tape is going to get us no where...

The only factual evidence is JRob is the one who made the pick so we have to trust JRob's decision making.
A sample size of one player, with a different injury (that has a track record of success after injury), playing a different position hardly qualifies as anything significant.
With that said I do trust JRob is not going to take Farley with all the other available options unless he feels real good about the level of risk. I also believe JRob tried to trade out of that spot (not so much to get extra picks but to have ammo to trade up later if he needed to) and thus if he was still able to draft Farley he could lessen the risk in that way. It doesn't make Farley's success any different but it does make the value of the pick more appealing to take that risk.

The only factual evidence is JRob is the one who made the pick so we have to trust JRob's decision making.
A sample size of one player, with a different injury (that has a track record of success after injury), playing a different position hardly qualifies as anything significant.
With that said I do trust JRob is not going to take Farley with all the other available options unless he feels real good about the level of risk. I also believe JRob tried to trade out of that spot (not so much to get extra picks but to have ammo to trade up later if he needed to) and thus if he was still able to draft Farley he could lessen the risk in that way. It doesn't make Farley's success any different but it does make the value of the pick more appealing to take that risk.

Given how long we took to make the pick, I feel pretty confident JRob was trying really hard to trade back.

Oh, let me add that the "leaks" of Barmore being a dud could have been concocted by BBs staff for all we know and the Patriots were all over a 1st round talent in the 2nd round. That is literally all it takes now days to get a player to drop. Start a few rumors he is lazy, doesn't love football, isn't a good teammate. The "leaks out of Bama indicate" and a mid first round talent ends up getting picked by the Pats in the 2nd round.

The Patriots must have started the leaks on Barmore back when he was in high school. He's always been the low effort, bad body fat (even for a DL), hot cold player with tremendous potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back