Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we owe a debt of gratitude to Mike malarkey?

giphy.webp

Mularkey was more like Joe Exotic Smashmouth

giphy.gif

this is not all vabrel. authur smith learned some lessons.
our two wide outs are huge and physical, our tightends are blockers and tennessee is giving teams a lot of "looks" and then they run the ball.

I know people hate Mike malarkey but he wasn't bad at everything.

our two wide outs are huge and physical, our tightends are blockers and tennessee is giving teams a lot of "looks" and then they run the ball.

True, he is good at looking like Kevin Costner

This is completely all all Vrabel. He hires the coaches. If he gets the blame he gets the credit. We have the right players as well which goes to Robinson. I would also say that Amy is turning into a very good owner,

While this offense can pound the ball and smash teams in the mouth, it is also explosive. How many times did Mularkeys offense score 30, 40 points?

While this offense can pound the ball and smash teams in the mouth, it is also explosive. How many times did Mularkeys offense score 30, 40 points?

it is certainly not ONLY exotic smash mouth, but the engine to the offense certainly revolves around it.
of course we have dynamic wide outs now and tanney, but henry going for sometimes up to 200 yards a game, with a practice squad left tackle is no accident, and while henry deserves a lot of credit, our entire offense is built on blocking. Like every player on offense has to be an expert blocker to get on the field.
then you have henry bulldozer and tanny who protects the ball and our wideouts are physical enough to win 50/50 matchups.

No. Simply put, we have TE that are used as more than blockers.

Not sure how, but Vrabel figured out that Henry is capable of running without 8 blockers on the line.

I haven't posted on here much, so please don't interpret this as criticism, but merely asking questions. In the first half, we often ran a TE or FB in front of Henry on the runs up the middle or sealed the edge and ran him around end and that seemed very effective. In the 2nd half, it seemed like we ran him up the gut without a blocker most of the time. I don't really understand why you would go away from what was working to the tune of 8-9 ypc. Also, was the change of Henry's pass catch to a run simply "home town scoring"? It seemed very close to me and I'm happy for him but it just seemed fairly random. Great win today, but when my offense is cooking like it was, I'm not going to completely take the air out of the ball. I know the most important thing was to get out of there with a W, I just think you need to keep the offense percolating rather than let it go stagnant.

I haven't posted on here much, so please don't interpret this as criticism, but merely asking questions. In the first half, we often ran a TE or FB in front of Henry on the runs up the middle or sealed the edge and ran him around end and that seemed very effective. In the 2nd half, it seemed like we ran him up the gut without a blocker most of the time. I don't really understand why you would go away from what was working to the tune of 8-9 ypc. Also, was the change of Henry's pass catch to a run simply "home town scoring"? It seemed very close to me and I'm happy for him but it just seemed fairly random. Great win today, but when my offense is cooking like it was, I'm not going to completely take the air out of the ball. I know the most important thing was to get out of there with a W, I just think you need to keep the offense percolating rather than let it go stagnant.
I saw the replay of the catch, I think the pass was just backwards (or at least close to even) so it counts as a run.

This is completely all all Vrabel. He hires the coaches. If he gets the blame he gets the credit. We have the right players as well which goes to Robinson. I would also say that Amy is turning into a very good owner,

Vrabel has a lot more to work with. Better QB and AJ Brown. Philosophically the offense has not changed that much. We are 1st in the league in rush attempts and 2nd in rushing yardage.

Jeff fisher would love this offense.

Vrabel has a lot more to work with. Better QB and AJ Brown. Philosophically the offense has not changed that much. We are 1st in the league in rush attempts and 2nd in rushing yardage.

Jeff fisher would love this offense.
Disagree. They put up 45 today. Fisher would much rather 29 (5 FG) assuming we still held the Colts to 26.

Could you imagine Mularkey with this offense. AJ and Tanny not being fully utilized.

What would Mularkey do differently? AJ's biggest plays are short passes he turns into big plays by breaking tackles. That's AJ's talent not some genius play design.

Certainly you do not think a slant pass was invented by Arthur Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back